Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MissParamin's Profile Photo

New Year's 2015

Caye Caulker Dec 16, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi all,

My husband and I will be spending our New Year's in Belize's Caye Caulker and was wondering what New Year's Eve/Day is like there. Would there be many events to attend on the night also can anyone recommend a good restaurant for dinner? Is it best to perhaps book as I imagine it can be quite busy...

Any suggestions/recommendations will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Safety Concern

Caye Caulker Dec 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM

We have been thinking about going to Caye Faulker but after reading such scary reviews of things that happen there we are really concerned if we will be safe there. We are four ladies age 62. Should we stay away and go somewhere else? We really wanted to experience everyday carebbean life and not stay at some fancy all inclusive place
      Thank you for any help
      Brenda

more
    • MissParamin's Profile Photo

Belize City to Flores

Belize City Dec 16, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Hi Everyone, Please could you help. My husband and I are looking for the best way (apart from flying) to get from Belize City to Flores by bus. I am interested to hear about your experiences and any advice you can offer. Is there a best option of the buses. I have been reading about the Linea Dorada and think this may be a good option for us. I look forward to your responses. Regards

more
    • From Belize City to Placencia

by felicehz Online Now May 20, 2014 at 11:47 AM

My husband and I are looking for an affordable bus/coach from the airport to Placencia. Are there any tour buses that go that direction? We priced the cost of a van and it was $400 one way (we could fly roundtrip for that on Maya Air). Any suggestions?

3 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    • we will be going to belize on a cruise ship in March

by miameow Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I see that placencia has several beaches with resorts on it, as a cruise passenger are we able to get access to use their beaches, we have a set of twins age 3 and a 16 year old, would like to go to a beautiful beach, with restaurants nearby, clean facilities to use, how far away is placencia from the area when cruise ships come into port?

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • Parking while shopping, etc

by Dutchie400 Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Is there a road into Placencia Village? Is there a place to park a rental car while walking around the village? We are staying about 5km from the center of the Village.

2 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • Tutti Frutti

by jamaiqueno Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I loved the above Gelato spot in the village. would anyone know if they have a website or email address?

Rick

1 Answer Dec 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    • Arriving in Belize

by SMetz Online Now Sep 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM

What is the best place to fly into Belize ' to arrive close to Placencia from Vancouver Canada?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    • Fishing Trip from Placencia Village

by Tillie6 Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 6:25 AM

My husband and I are going to Placencia Village on Feb. 15 for a week and would like to go fishing. Has anyone used a guide/tour company they'd recommend?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    • minktastic's Profile Photo

Ambergris Caye or Placencia?? (URGENT!!)

by minktastic Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Please help!! My husband and I are making last-minute plans to vacation from July 1-6. We want a nice beach vacation, not overly touristy but not too remote. We'd love to go somewhere with clear water and comfortable beaches, great snorkeling (right off the beach and/or cheap and easy to get to), and some kind of small town with local restaurant options.

We think we've narrowed it down to 2 good options: Ambergris Caye and Placencia. I understand that Ambergris Caye is a little more touristy than Placencia, but it doesn't seem like it's gotten too bad. Which place has the better beaches, the better snorkeling, the more interesting town? Or, is there anything else that we should be considering in comparing the two? Any information or opinions to help tip the scales would be useful!

(Side note: the two hotels were looking at are Corona del Mar in AC, and Maya Beach Hotel in Placencia.)

3 Answers Jun 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    • Beate64's Profile Photo

plane and/or bus?

by Beate64 Online Now Dec 29, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Hello, I am coming to Placencia in February with my husband. Our plane arrives Feb. 3rd 11:56am. I saw that the next flight to Placencia goes out at 1:30pm. Is it better to reserve two seats at that time of year?
      Also, we are thinking about going back to Belize City by bus... any thoughts on that or should we rather book right away round trip tickets?
      Our plane out of Belize City leaves March 7th 12:55pm.

Also, at the time I booked this all, it was not that easy to find a suitable flight out and we ended up with 33 days in Belize instead of the allowed 30 days... do we have to especially make a trip out of the country to Guatemala for example to extend for 3 days or can this get arranged once we go through customs?? As they will see anyway the dates of our trip and the extend of our stay...

Also, I've heard that Skin so soft from Avon works very well against sand flies... any experience and input from anyone?? Should we bring mosquito stuff with deet or purchase once we arrive??

Thanks so much for your help! I look forward to any answer :))) and to our holidays!

Beate :))

7 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 9:11 AM
    • groceries shopping

by Marillion Online Now Oct 20, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Is there a grocery store with fresh produce, alcohol and other basic supplies in Placencia?

1 Answer Dec 9, 2007 at 2:45 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Accomodations

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Anyone stay at Maya Breeze or Calico Jacks? Whats your opinions about these places? Rates are about the same.

• swimming/beaches

by cjtalley Online Now Jul 13, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Hi,
      I am planning a family trip to Belize with three teens/pre-teens. We want to stay on the beach where it is safe for kids to swim. I understand Placencia has the best beaches in Belize. Are they sandy beaches? Is it safe to swim there?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 24, 2007 at 9:55 AM
    • Sunbathing

by egunnell Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 5:11 PM

My wife and I are planning to visit Placencia in January.
      Are there any topless or nude sunbathing areas?
      Free & Easy

2 Answers Aug 10, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    • New years accommodation

by gertdevogel Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 4:27 AM

Will there be accommodation available if I turn up a couple of days before new years eve or will it be very busy and hard to find a room?I don't really want to plan ahead because I am not sure about the dates.

• Kid friendly accomodations in Placencia?

by cgsqueak Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 2:27 PM

We are going to be in Placencia for a few days in March with our 7yr old and 4yr old. We want to kayak and enjoy the beach plus my kids want a pool. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Feb 20, 2005 at 11:19 AM
    • Accommodation

by John_Cronin Online Now Sep 5, 2004 at 9:39 AM

We are looking for a good mid range place to stay in placencia over Christmas.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2004 at 8:50 PM
    • valliejc's Profile Photo

need to book accomodation ahead ?

by valliejc Online Now Jul 11, 2003 at 2:19 PM

i am traveling to placencia january 16-23/2004.should i book ahead or wait unilt i get there for a better deal ?

6 Answers Dec 1, 2003 at 6:25 PM
    • Lodging in Placencia, Belize

by Adhdrum Online Now Jun 20, 2003 at 7:23 PM

We are considering Kitty's Place or the Maya Breeze Inn in late July and early August. Any experience-based recommendations?

7 Answers Feb 12, 2006 at 8:55 AM