Placencia Village Travel Answers

change location

Fishing Trip from Placencia Village

by Tillie6 Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 6:25 AM

My husband and I are going to Placencia Village on Feb. 15 for a week and would like to go fishing. Has anyone used a guide/tour company they'd recommend?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Fishing Trip from Placencia Village

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 3:58 PM

There is plenty of deep sea fishing to be had in Belize. Best bet is from Caye Caulker, or Ambergris Caye, but there are many more places you can go. The cost however does not likely leave much room for negotiations anymore. Five or six hours are normal but seven and eight houre are available as well, but for a bit more money.

That being said, there may be some in less travelled areas, that will negotiate a price, but what you may get is not necessarily what you think you paid for. It can also be less than safe to deal with "off the grid" locals.

I know Belize pretty well, and I am simply telling it like it is.

You should be able to get good fishing done with reputable people, for about200.00 per person. However, if you do not mind being with other people like you, you may be able to get it for less. If you insist on just the two of you, then the cost will reflect that. A boat that takes minimum of six people, the cost per person goes down. A500.00 trip for six people will be less than a hundred per person.

http://cayecaulker.org/fishing/

ambergriscaye.com/pages/town...

seasportsbelize.com/fishing....

worldwidefishing.com/belize/...

Check out the prices for the Condor for instance. For six people it is not that expensive, considering. You can alwqys request that you be paird up with other likeminded people, if you want to keep the cost down.

http://www.belize.com/condor.html

Hope this gives you a general idea. Good luck.....d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines