Placencia Village Travel Answers

change location

Kid friendly accomodations in Placencia?

by cgsqueak Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 2:27 PM

We are going to be in Placencia for a few days in March with our 7yr old and 4yr old. We want to kayak and enjoy the beach plus my kids want a pool. Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Chenbaaxal's Profile Photo

Re: Kid friendly accommodations in Placencia?

by Chenbaaxal Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 7:13 PM

My guess is that your kids have no idea of what it is like to have a whole beach at hand and that is why they think they want a pool. Or maybe you suggested it to them. My experience there has been far less upscale than you would probably want, so I have only the suggestion that whatever place you choose to stay be inside Placencia. That way you will have better access to arranging activities without having to rely on the prices that an isolated hotel comes up with. It is also more interesting. By the way, if you have or can get some good used children's books, take them along for the Placencia Children's Library. See Marilyn Beckstead at Purple Space Monkey to donate them when you get there. The old library got destroyed in a hurricane a few years ago and I am sure that there is still shelf space available.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Kid friendly accomodations in Placencia?

by drmaves Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 11:19 AM

We stayed in Placencia a few years back and loved it. It's very laid back - you won't find any ammusement parks for the kids but it's a great place to stay and there are plenty of tours you can take from there to other parts of Belize. The place we stayed was Singing Sands, here's the link to there site: http://www.singingsands.com/ It's very small only seven cabanas but they do have a fresh water pool and a beautiful beach. I think they also have a kayak or canoe that you can take out on your own. The owners are very friendly, many times we enjoyed dinner with them in their restaurant. Have fun we did!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines