Placencia Village Travel Answers

change location
valliejc's Profile Photo

need to book accomodation ahead ?

by valliejc Online Now Jul 11, 2003 at 2:19 PM

i am traveling to placencia january 16-23/2004.should i book ahead or wait unilt i get there for a better deal ?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: need to book accomodation ahead ?

by Wittich Online Now Jul 13, 2003 at 10:21 AM

I was in placencia in june. It is not a huge tourist spot as of yet except for fishermen. I do not think that hotels will be booked out, on the other hand i doubt that you will find great last minute deals either. We stayed at the miller's Lodge and found it comfortable. you can check them out at www.millerslanding.com. The rooms cost 70 per night. I suggest you eat at the purple space monkey and the other restarant near the soccer field. Jeremy Wittich

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • valliejc's Profile Photo

Re: Re: need to book accomodation ahead ?

by valliejc Online Now Jul 13, 2003 at 12:21 PM

thanks for the tip......i have checked the website and booked at miller's landing.thanks again. jean-claude vallieres.

• diver-x's Profile Photo

Re: need to book accomodation ahead ?

by diver-x Online Now Jul 21, 2003 at 7:00 PM

Um... Is Miller's Landing in Placencia, Belize? Their website says it's in California, USA.... Anyway, I was in Placenia, Belize in May and no need to make reservations at that time. Not sure about January, though. Hotels are pretty cheap unless you go for one of the resorts to the north of town. Our room was40/night. There are some a bit cheaper, and others further north that are100 and up. No need to spend that much, I think.

• Re: Re: need to book accomodation ahead ?

by Wittich Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 1:45 PM

there might be a miller landing in Cali as well but there is a different millers landing in Placencia, Belize. I wrote that I stayed there!!!! jw

• whipraycaye's Profile Photo

Re: Re: need to book accomodation ahead ?

by whipraycaye Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 3:48 PM

While you are staying at Miller's Landing (our friends and we were married by their pool), ask them to arrange for you to come see us at our caye (Whipray Caye) just 8 miles off the coast and have a cold beer on us!

• Re: need to book accomodation ahead ?

by meriah Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 6:25 PM

You should book ahead, Miller's Landing is a really beautiful place, www.millerslanding.net

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines