Pittsburgh Travel Answers

change location
Brimful's Profile Photo

Net Cafes

by Brimful Online Now May 15, 2008 at 5:45 PM

I will be in Pittsburgh from 25th May and will be there for 2 weeks. Since i dont carry a laptop .. I was wondering where can i use internet in Pittsburgh? Any place accessible? Does the city have Net cafe's like they do in Asia and all over Europe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankz.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Re: Net Cafes

by maestrousmc Online Now May 15, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Downtown Pittsburgh offers two free hours of wireless Internet access daily in outdoor locations throughout the the entire downtown Pittsburgh area, including the North Shore and lower Hill District. If you sit near a window, you can pick up the free WiFi in some indoor locations as well.

The following link provides wifi hotspots in Pittsburgh. You'll notice the major coffee chains as Starbucks as well as US bookstores like Barnes and Noble and Borders. Both with a few exceptions will have a cafe with the usual items. The link will have a map and contact info. jiwire.com/search-wifi-hotsp...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Brimful's Profile Photo

by Brimful Online Now May 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Thanks .. for your advice. But the only trouble is that I wont be carrying a note book with me! :(

Iam lookin for internet kiosks where i can pay and use their computer to check my mail and google.

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now May 16, 2008 at 6:11 AM

Finding internet cafes in the US is like looking for a needle in a haystack, there aren't many around. I travel alot in the US and don't have a laptop, where do I go? the Public Libraries, they are free in most cases, someitmes you have to have a guest library card which is free, you can usually find a library downtown.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines