Pittsburgh Travel Answers

change location
Brimful's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation around University of Pittsbugh

by Brimful Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Will be in Pitts. end April this year and am lookin for budget accomodation near the University of Pittsburgh. Ideally somethin comfertable and not so expensive. Any suggesstions whatsoever will be greatly appreciated. Thankz. :)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Re: Budget accomodation around University of Pittsbugh

by Ewingjr98 Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 6:50 PM

I've never stayed around Pitt, but check out Priceline.com. My last few visits in Pittsburgh I was able to get rooms for around60 a night right downtown in some of the city's best hotels (these rooms normally start around120 to150 a night).

If you use the Priceline bidding feature you can narrow the area down to Oakland (they call it "University Center"), and bid based on the hotels' star ratings.

I have used Priceline in various cities over the past 2-3 years for about 25 different hotel stays and have never been disappointed with the quality of hotel for the money I paid. Just remember you must commit to the hotel before your bid is accepted, and if accepted you can not cancel. If you need flexibility, do not use Priceline!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Brimful's Profile Photo

Re: Budget accomodation around University of Pittsbugh

by Brimful Online Now Mar 27, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Thanks dude. Ill definately check this one out. Btw .. dont they have guest houses kinda thing in Pitts?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines