Pittsburgh Travel Answers

change location

Moving to Pittsburgh

by Williams07 Online Now Jan 14, 2006 at 3:34 PM

I'm originally from Pa, but have been living in Omaha for the past 4 years. I'll be back there in Febuary and looking to go to school and find a part time job. Does anyone know of an good paying part time jobs? I'm also looking to go to a small college to start out with. I'll be moving to the Cranberry area. Anyone have any ideas for that? I'm willing to drive a little for the job, but not the school. Where are the hot spots to hang out and meet new people?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Moving to Pittsburgh

by Brad836 Online Now Feb 10, 2006 at 7:24 AM

If you have lived in Pittsburgh, why do you want to come back? The economy is really bad here and has only gotten worse over the past 4 years. There is negative econimic growth here. The college and uni tuition here is considerably higher than the national average and the quality of education is no better than a school in another state. Also, as you know the weather is horrible. For hang outs and social places to meet new people, good luck. Pittsburgh has been voted as the worst place to live for young singles. You got out, I applaud you. Whay come back?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Chinacat1969's Profile Photo

RE: Moving to Pittsburgh

by Chinacat1969 Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 5:34 PM

Wow, I love living in Pittsburgh. I am not sure why Brad would discourage you. The weather is tough but Omaha can't be much beachy-er! Anyways, Cranberry is kind of outside the city so I am not sure about good paying jobs out there. Meeting new people in Pittsburgh has always been a bit tough because people tend to know everyone they grew up with and stick pretty close to their own group. I am not sure how old you are but there are some great hang outs on the South Side. There is a group called P.U.M.P that is fairly young and professional. They host events and look for suggestions on how to make Pittsburgh a better place for young professional people. I would suggest getting a copy of the City Paper and looking for a club that you may be interested in to meet people. There is also a group called Pittsburgh Outdoors or something like that. They do hikes, kayak trips on the river, etc. if you are an outdoors person. All you need to do is look and there are many ways to meet new people here. Good Luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines