Pittsburgh Travel Answers

change location
kooka3's Profile Photo

Can you suggest some accomodation?

by kooka3 Online Now Aug 22, 2005 at 11:49 AM

I'm going to Pittsburgh at the end of October for a conference -- it's being held at the Wyndham Garden Hotel, University Place, and even though they are offering "conference rates", I"m still hoping to find something cheaper, but nearby. Can anyone offer any good suggestions? I will be driving to Pittsburgh, so I'll have transportation, but I still don't want to be too far away (more than about 5 miles or so) because I don't know how early/late I"ll have to be at the conference. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ladyfisher's Profile Photo

RE: Can you suggest some accomodation?

by ladyfisher Online Now Aug 23, 2005 at 6:38 AM

The Hampton Inn is near the Wyndham and the rates are cheaper. Not much in that area within 5 miles .If you do book else where compare parking rates at the garages around where the conference is some can be very high as much as 10 a hour some cheaper.Driving into downtown can be nightmare Pittsburgh is a maze of oneway streets, bridges and tunnels very easy to get lost and traffic can be grid lock at peak times esp. on Forbes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MBDVB's Profile Photo

RE: Can you suggest some accomodation?

by MBDVB Online Now Aug 23, 2005 at 8:37 AM

There are plenty of places for you to stay... what are your dates, and what is your budgeted amounts?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines