Pittsburgh Travel Answers

change location
ozzy11340's Profile Photo

Pittsburgh 4 of july

by ozzy11340 Online Now Jun 5, 2003 at 11:10 AM

I was coming down for the 4 in pittsburgh can anyone tell me. 1 where the best place to see the Fireworks from. 2 How long do they last. 3 is there anything going on down at the point. 4.And where is the best place to eat at station square Been down there 3 times so far just wondering what everyone else thinks . Maybe i am missin something really good lol

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • rckenney's Profile Photo

Re: Pittsburgh 4 of july

by rckenney Online Now Jun 5, 2003 at 8:00 PM

The best place to watch the fireworks would be on Mt. Washington, take the incline to the top of the mountain. It looks down on the point, a fantastic view I must say and the fireworks look as if they are coming right at you. I am not sure what is going on at the Park on the 4th but there is always something interesting in the summer. The Regatta, The 3 rivers arts fest. Have fun, I believe I'll be in my hometown for the 4th also.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MaosRedArmy's Profile Photo

GET THERE EARLY !!!!!!

by MaosRedArmy Online Now Jun 7, 2004 at 2:16 AM

Mao was in the Burgh for the last 4th and watched the fireworks parked on East Carson Street (which tunred into a parking lot once the fireworks begin). Make sure wherever you plan on watching the show from - GET THERE EARLY - at least an hour before the fireworkds are supposed to begin - and i mean be parked and at your destination - not just getting into the City one hour before. Mount Washington would be a great place to wacth them - especially if you are out on the balcony of the Grand View Saloon (see my restaurant review). And actually, being in Point State Park or even across the river near Heinz Field / Carnegie Science Center is not bad, either. Depends on if you like looking up and being near the explosions so you can hear them or being a little further away and having the fireworks come up to you. Regarding the 'best" restaurant in Station Square - there are some new ones closer to the river but not in the old Station Square complex - check those out and pick one you like - all of those restaurants are OK at best - no real shining stars in that area. But for a great Sunday Brunch, the Grand Concourse in the old train station is nice. Hope that helps and have a great 4th..... -Mao

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines