Pittsburgh Travel Answers

change location

Renaisance or Sheraton in Downtown

by yecats13 Online Now Mar 31, 2003 at 10:38 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Pittsburgh for the first time next weekend and are looking for a centrally located hotel that we could go to restauarants/bars in the evening and walk back. I've been recommended these two hotels. Price not really an option, just really looking for convenience. Have heard that Sheraton may have lots of train noise???

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ladyfisher's Profile Photo

Re: Renaisance or Sheraton in Downtown

by ladyfisher Online Now Mar 31, 2003 at 2:08 PM

If you have it narrowed to these two Go with the Renaisnace. It is in the Cultural District and with in walking distance if many major attactions. It has lovely views of the three rivers and PNC park. I stayed there last Feb with my company for a week of extended meetings(even through we are all from the area) We walked every where expect when we went tothe steelers training building did we get on a bus. I highly recommend this hotel sevice is outstanding as are the rooms. The Sheraton on the other hand is a nice place but in Station Square and you have train tracks on both sides of you if you can hear them I don't know. Station Square itself is a must see but central to downtown and with in walking distance no. Station Square is a Mall of sorts filled with shops, resturants, bars, clubs etc. Very nice and up scale. You will have a view of it from the Renaisance but you have to cross the Smithsfield bridge and go about 1 1/2 miles to get to it. They do have a ferry that runs from Station square to downtown and to Pnc park. "The gateway clipper Fleet" If you are looking for a nice night out they also offer dinner cruise's down the river with dinner and shows. If I can help any more let me know. Have a great time in our city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Renaisance or Sheraton in Downtown

by Seabiscuit Online Now Mar 31, 2003 at 2:14 PM

I agree completely w/ Ladyfisher... The Renaissance is *outstanding* and close to everything. Plus, the staff are wonderful. You'll have a 'toot of a time'... (Sheraton's have become kinda icky!) Jeff-

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines