Pisa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lucca to Rapallo by train

by adblackburn Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 5:42 AM

I'll be leaving Lucca on Mon 2nd June to go to Rapallo. I notice I have 35 minutes to change train at Pisa centrale and only 12 minutes to change if I go via Viareggio which confusingly has more than one station with the same name. I'm guessing that Pisa centrale is huge. Which is the easier option? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • Lucca to Rapallo by train

by adblackburn Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 5:42 AM

I'll be leaving Lucca on Mon 2nd June to go to Rapallo. I notice I have 35 minutes to change train at Pisa centrale and only 12 minutes to change if I go via Viareggio which confusingly has more than one station with the same name. I'm guessing that Pisa centrale is huge. Which is the easier option? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

8 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM
    • belindauk's Profile Photo

I want to travel uk to italy in May or June 2014?

by belindauk Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I am planning a trip to Italy, I would love to visit venice, Rome and Pisa and hopefully alot more. Anyone out there who has any tips please? I just plan on booking a flight and doing the rest as I go.

49 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    • What is the best way to get from Cruise port ot see the leaning tower of Pisa?

by bronagh1980 Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 6:30 AM

What is the best way to get from Cruise port ot see the leaning tower of Pisa?

2 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    • restaurant that we visited a few years ago

by lolalindley Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Is Schiaccia Nocchi still going?

1 Answer Oct 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

ZTL and parking in Pisa

by schmechi Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I roughly know about the location of Pisa's ZTL-areas. My guide recommend parking lots at Via Cesare Battisti (near the railway station) and at Lungarno Guadalongo. I'm afraid to cross the ZTL when searching this parking lots, so do you have some advise, how to get there without crossing the ZTL? Or is there a secure way to bypass the ZTL and reaching a parking lot coming from Lucca?
      Btw: I've got GPS-based route guidance system, but it does not "know" the Italian ZTLs...

6 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    • Huigee's Profile Photo

Pisa to Florence by train or bus?

by Huigee Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Can i buy the train ticket from Pisa train station to florence on the same day of travel? if cant can i travel by bus and will i be able to by the bus ticket?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    • Walled village/city

by howardavid Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Does anyone know the name of a walled town/village/city north of Pisa that is much more interesting than Pisa. I have been to Pisa several times but someone mentioned that a taxi driver took him there on the promise that he would enjoy it much more than Pisa or the trip was free. He gladly paid.

7 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • How to arrange a 4-5 day trip between Pisa-Florenz-Rome

by akcapakca Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

We have 3-4 Options for this trip, but i am not sure how to start with which city.. 1-Option: Thursday Night at 22pm arrival in Pisa. Sleeping there, friday 2 hours seeing tower, going to florenz by train, seeing the florenz all day, sleeping there, in the morning going to Rome. Sa-Su-Mo 3 days in rome sleeping, seeing around. Tuesday we have to go back to Pisa to take the return plane which is at 19.40. The thing is, we have to go back through florenz central station (train change). That's why i was thinking whether to visit florenz at the end of the holiday..

PisaCentral Florenz (direct)

Florenz Rome (direct)

Rome PisaAirport (over Florenz)

2- Option: Thursday Night at 22pm arrival in Pisa. Sleeping there, friday 2 hours seeing tower, going to ROME by train, Fr-Sa-Su 3 days in rome sleeping, seeing around. Monday going to Florenz (direct train). Monday afternoon-Tuesday morning seeing florenz. Then going to Pisa airport (direct train) from florenz.Which do you think is a better route? Or can you advise something different?

PisaCentral Rome (direct)

Rome Florenz (direct)

Florenz PisaAirport (direct)

3-4. Options: Going to Pisa at Sunday Afternoon (16pm). Seeing Pisa. Going to Florenz or Rome (as the 1.and 2. Options). In totalk staying 1 day less than 1.and 2. Options. (e.g. 2 Days in Rome).

2 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    • Ease of train transfer to Monterosso

by darby1229 Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 7:27 AM

We have a connection in Pisa Centrale to Monterosso with 15 minutes in between. Are the tracks easy to find with enough time to catch the next train.
      Thank you.

5 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 4:09 AM
    • alexasanford's Profile Photo

GREAT pizza and pasta and good bars (for not too expensive)

by alexasanford Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 3:45 AM

I'm coming to Pisa in about a week with a few friends. Can you please give us some suggestions of good restaurants to eat good Italian pizza and pasta and good bars with a fun or authentic ambiance? THANK YOU!!!!!

10 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    • alexasanford's Profile Photo

Best things to see and do in Pisa for 3 days

by alexasanford Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Hi everyone, I'm going to Pisa for 3 days with 2 friends in March and I was wondering if you could tell me the "must-see and must-dos" (other than the obvious) of Pisa. Good cafes, good restaurants (not expensive), sights, markets, activities etc. Your responses are much appreciated!

12 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Reserve time for Pisa tower

by FreeCloud Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

My friends will be in Florence for a few days and do not want to make a reservation online now due to weather uncertainty.

Is mid-September very crowded at Pisa? If one wants to climb up to the leaning tower in the afternoon, will there be enough time to make the reservation around noon at the office onsite on the same day?

Thanks!

6 Answers Sep 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    • darrensunley's Profile Photo

Which side of the plane...

by darrensunley Online Now Jul 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to whether sitting on a particular side of the plane when flying into Pisa is good for views (i.e. of the tower)??

I've just come back from Venice and sitting on the right of the plane gave me spectacular aerial views as I descended, which I would have missed if I had been on the other side. Just thought it was worth checking!!

Thanks,
      Darren

9 Answers Jul 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    • Luggage storage

by richbloss Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Are there luggage lockers or other short term luggage storage at Pisa Centrale railway station, or nearby ?

5 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    • aquilaqb's Profile Photo

Looking for a good artist shop in Pisa

by aquilaqb Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Hello

I am looking for a good artist shop where I can but oil paint and brushes... not the kind of shop for grand'ma wishing to do her bricolage. ;) ... rather the kind serious artists go to...

thanks, I am looking forward to my visit :)

cheers

1 Answer Apr 22, 2012 at 4:35 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Good eats in Pisa! A table with a view?

by SandiM Online Now Mar 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

We're looking for a decent place to get good chow in Pisa. I recall being there 4 years ago and found myself walking along the river and the way that the sun hit the buildings....boy that was a good memory of a pretty place. Are there any good eating places along the river for after our visit to the Tower on the way back to the train station? Maybe something with a view of the river or bridge?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 2:45 AM
    • Cruise Transportation

by kkarren Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

What is the best way to get from the cruise docking port to the city

3 Answers Mar 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    • RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

Baggage Storage At The Pisa Train Station

by RoscoeGregg Online Now Jan 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM

I have been to the station in Pisa but I never noticed if there was lockers or baggage claim.

Does anyone know if this is available at the station in Pisa

Thanks,

Randy

4 Answers Jan 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    • Sunday 18th December (Pisa Marathon weekend)

by keefybeefy Online Now Nov 28, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Hi,

My friend and I are doing the Pisa Marathon on December 18th. Would there be anywhere to go out that's open late that night? As in past midnight? If not in Pisa, then nearby? I'm guessing it could be quite quiet on a Sunday night late in December!

Thanks,

Keith

4 Answers Dec 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    • 7 months in Pisa

by wendoll Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I will be attending graduate school in Pisa from January 2012 through July 2012. I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions on how I can go about doing the following while I'm there:

1. Share an apartment with an Italian (for500 a month or less including utilities)

2. Earn money teaching or tutoring English (or by doing anything else that's moral, for that matter).

3. Travel around Italy and maybe the rest of Europe on weekends (on a shoestring). Suggestions for excursions would be appreciated.

Any specifics (names, addresses, etc.) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Sep 16, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    • BlueBeth's Profile Photo

Cocktails

by BlueBeth Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Hi, we're travelling to Pisa for a weekend in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know of anywhere we can get cocktails and indulge in some people watching?

7 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    • Transportation

by r.bruce89 Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 7:29 AM

We are arriving at Pisa Airport September 3rd and want to get to Viareggio. Taxi costs expensive.Can we get a bus or train?

1 Answer Aug 16, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    • Pisa and Puccini Lake

by Kazaroony Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM

From Livorno docks can I get to Pisa and Puccini Lake by taking local trains or using a taxi?

3 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Chocoholic in Pisa

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Aug 6, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I need advice from fellow chocoholics. We'll have only one afternoon and evening in Pisa. The easiest place to get a fix seems to be the De Bondt shop in the city.
      Or is the factory worth visiting? We will be coming in from Florence by train. Is stopping and getting there and back to the train easily done? Can the train ticket be used with a stop?

Is Amedei worth the 15 miles out of town? Is bus or train easier? Do they have anything there that I can't get in shops in Pisa or Florence?

And most importantly, what kinds of chocolate can only be bought in Italy and not ordered on the net?

Thanks

2 Answers Aug 7, 2011 at 1:48 AM
    • maria25's Profile Photo

Pisa

by maria25 Online Now Jul 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Dear All,

Do you think that 24hrs are enough to visit the main attractions in the centre of Pisa.

Thanks alot

15 Answers Jul 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    • Luggage Storage in Pisa Train Station

by loomz Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Is there a limit to how long you can store luggage at the Pisa train station? I'm looking for a place to store some wine for about 10 days. (I'm cruising out of Rome and the cruise ship won't let you bring wine on board at departure. But you can bring alcohol on board at the various ports, and we're stopping at Livorno so I figured I could pick up my wine at the Pisa train station and bring it on board the ship then, assuming I can keep it at the station that long.)

12 Answers Jul 15, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    • Baggage and tickets at airport

by priyankaji Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM

After reaching Pisa airport, can I leave my baggage at the airport (is it economical) and get tickets for LAM Rossa bus/bus21 at airport itself? How far is the bus terminal from the airport?

1 Answer Jun 21, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    • Travel from Livorno to PIsa

by deldoz Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM

We'll be arriving in Livorno on Star Princess in September and would appreciate advice on the best way to get to Pisa independently.

11 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    • How/where can I buy last minute tickets to tour/climb the leaning tower?

by b6104 Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Hello, We discovered we are too late to buy tower tour tickets on our travel dates [on/around June 13]. Are there alternative online sources for last minute tickets or resales?

5 Answers Jun 9, 2011 at 2:38 AM
    • aimeejane's Profile Photo

opera

by aimeejane Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 3:52 AM

Doubtless for some a very touristy/ cheesy thing to want to do, but... Does anyone know of any opera or other musical events occuring between 18 - 29 June in Pisa or nearby (Lucca/ Florence)? i think i'd read somewhere there is something going on near the Leaning Tower???

Or indeed any other 'must see' events at this time? I have already noted the Medieval Pisa festival on the Arno on the last Sunday but is there anything else i could mark in my diary (it would be helpful to know when NOT to book my Uffizi ticket!)

thanks.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2011 at 7:13 PM