Piraeus

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

more
    • 10 days in august

Athens Yesterday

3 of us planning 10 days beginning August in Greece. Looks like we have to begin and end in Athens. Plan is to visit one or two islands....Siros is a definite and would like to see Mykonos also. Perhaps break the return ferry journey to Athens with another island?? Then a relaxing hideway ( for last three days) beach and peace important, within striking distance of Athens for return flight. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

International Driver License

Athens Nov 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

How long it will take to look around in acropolis ?

Athens Dec 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We will be arriving Athens in the middle of the day. After checking in at hotel around 1 o'clock, we would like to go to acropolis. Is it enough time to visit all including ancient agora, before the sun set.

more
    • Bus stops from/to airport

by Peggysue2 Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Does the X96 stop other places ion Piraeus or just the port? I need to get to Hotel Mistral on Al Papanastasiou

3 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 3:32 AM
    • Self Service Laundry

by Feathers_01 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Are there any self service Laundromats (where you wash and dry your own clothes) in Piraeus

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    • lagonblue's Profile Photo

timetable of AGIA TRIADA CHURCH

by lagonblue Online Now May 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hello plsease,
      I'am looking for the timetable for this church above, for sunday.
      Do they do in English, or in French or any other language??

Thank you,
      Lagonbleu

1 Answer May 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • looking for a metro station stop

by dannyazul13 Online Now May 22, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Is there a metro station that is near the hotel Central Athens Hotel in Athens?

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • KarinD9's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by KarinD9 Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hi We will be arriving at Athens airport late afternoon from Amsterdam and leaving by ferry early next morning for Mykonos. We can either leave from Piraeus or Rafina, but I need advice please ? We shall stay on the Plaka a week later, so will it be best to overnight close to the port? Which of the 2 is best to stay over to leave the next morning and what is the best way to get there from the airport?

11 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM
    • Cost of taxi

by Olson9999 Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM

What should the average cost of a taxi be from the Acropolis to the cruise port. Are taxis large enough to handle 4 people and luggage? Or do we have to take 2 separate taxis.
      We will be travelling on a Sunday around 11 AM. I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Thank you

2 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    • Getting to IOS

by andrewforrest Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Hi,

We are catching a ferry from Ancona and are arriving in Patras tomorrow afternoon at 12:30pm (the ferry was meant to arrive at 11:30am but was delayed) from here we are hoping to get to IOS, what is the fastest and cheapest way to get there?

1 Answer Sep 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    • Miguelzgz's Profile Photo

Buying ferry tickets

by Miguelzgz Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Hello.
      We will returning our rented car at the Pireas, and then we plan to ride a ferry to Santorini. We wonder if it is as easy as reaching a "ticket office" at the port and buying the tickets.
      Where can I get updated/oficial timetables of the ferrys?
      Thanks a lot!

1 Answer Sep 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    • Piraeus to Patra

by Amymarie2 Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Our ferry comes into Piraeus from Mykonos then have to make our way from there to patra to catch another ferry to Athens later that night. How far away are the two ports and what is the best way of getting there. Would it be quicker and closer if we came into rafina port instead?
      Thanks

13 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    • anywhere to leave luggage at port?

by amarriott Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM

we arrive at Athens Int'l airport at 00.30 but cruise doesn't leave until 17.00 that day. is it possible to go to Port at that time (00.30am) and if so can we leave our luggage anywhere so we can explore Athens before embarking ship? thank you

9 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    • SandyR26's Profile Photo

Ferries to Mykonos

by SandyR26 Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 6:12 AM

My ship will be in port in piraeus. I want to go to Mykonos. The ferries are much faster out of Rafina to Mykonos but How do I get from Piraeus to Rafina? How long does it take? Cost?

Is it worth the trouble to save 2.5 hrs on the faster ferry ride?

6 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    • tathraman's Profile Photo

Cruise ship - one day

by tathraman Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Dear friends, We've visited Athens several times so on this visit we'd like to travel into the surrounding countryside, preferably by local train or bus and would appreciate suggestions. TIA David

1 Answer Jun 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    • Airport to Marina Zea

by martinurry Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM

We are a group of 8 that needs to get fro the airport to Marina Zea, we do not want to do busses or the metro. Can anyone recommend a taxi service.

Thanks

Martin

9 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

Spending a day in Piraeus - what to do?

by greencargirl Online Now May 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM

We'll come to Piraeus in the afternoon (after a very long flight!) Since we'll be tired from jet lag, we thought we could spend a relaxing afternoon, perhaps rest in the hotel by the port, have a meal, etc.

Any suggestions for restaurants nearby, place to take a stroll, etc. in the evening? We leave very early the next morning on a ferry to Santorini, so we thought the night in Pireaus would be best.

Thank you!

20 Answers May 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    • Getting from the Pireaus Cruise port to Hellenic Ferry port

by Destridge Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM

What is the best way to get from the cruise port that Princess uses to the Hellanic Seaways ferry port for two people with two pieces of rolling luggage?

3 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 3:37 AM
    • cruiseship to airport

by hartsutton Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 3:51 PM

We are on Holland America in Oct. 2011 and will need to go from the Piraeus port where our ship docks to the airport. Easiest way and how long does it take? We have a 2:00 flight

6 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 3:06 AM
    • Directions to Piraeus from Patras by car

by molly54 Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Hi
      I have looked on the internet for a route from Patras ferry port to Piraeus ferry port but have come up with several different mapped routes. There is plenty of info on the metro etc but not much about driving your own car and a detailed route to take. Does anyone know the best and quickest route? we will also be towing a boat.
      We will be catching the ferry to Rhodes which I believe sails from Gate E1 at Piraeus port. When I have zoomed in on the map of Piraeus port it hasnt got much detail of the direction we will be coming in from. I have read somewhere about a new tunnel but typically cant find the site now.
      I would be grateful for any help. We arrive in Patras April 24th 2011 so not long to go.
      Many thanks

4 Answers Mar 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    • Self Guide Athens???

by missnikita Online Now Dec 22, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Heh thanks to you all for the ever so quick responses! Nothing like a bit of a heads up in a new town.

Have a wonderful festive season.

Cheers
      Nik and Geoff

1 Answer Dec 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    • Self Guide Athens???

by missnikita Online Now Dec 21, 2010 at 10:38 PM

We are arriving into Piraeus via cruise ship and have just 10.5hrs there. Any tips on how to self guide, including getting from NCL Terminal to Athens etc., would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nikita

4 Answers Dec 22, 2010 at 1:43 AM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Coming from Plaka for 7:25am ferry - best route to Piraeus?

by crewrower Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 9:09 PM

We are four people with a lot of luggage. Our nearest metro station is Akropoli, which would mean changing lines twice in order to get to the green line to Piraeus. I doubt we could get all four of us with luggage into one taxi (but if we do, what should it cost?). Any recommendations on how we should do this?

Thanks
      Chris

2 Answers Sep 13, 2010 at 2:37 AM
    • piraeus sightseeing

by gartonr Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 3:41 AM

We are on a cruise that is calling into Piraeus, we have already had a holiday in Athens, so would prefer to stay in or around Piraeus, have checked the web site for things to do, does anyone know how to get to Kastella Hill or the Peace and Friendship Sports Stadium, and is it worthy going. Not too sure about taxis, found the drivers quite aggressive when we last called into Piraeus, they only wanted to take us to the acroplis or the plaka (the longer journey) we wanted to go the marina, walked it in the end.

Many thanks

3 Answers Sep 5, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    • Piraeus Distance

by ctravler Online Now Sep 11, 2009 at 7:41 PM

We are arriving in Piraeus Port on October 19th at 6:00 a.m. via RCCL cruise ship. We are a party of 8 and wonder how easy it is to walk to the metro? Is the distance less than a mile?
      Thanks for any help

2 Answers Sep 17, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    • Piraeus Cruise Departure

by weldon09 Online Now Sep 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM

We are going from Athens to Piraeus and from information provided by your site the best way to get there is by Metor from Monastiraki station.

Upon arrival in Pireaus what stop is best to go to locations where cruise lines depart. We will be travelling on Holland america on Oct 17th.

Thanks

Kirk

4 Answers Sep 17, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    • Trying to save money

by kpalmer Online Now May 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM

The cruise ship charges80 for the trip into Athens with tour of Acropolis. They charge58 for just the trip. Seems I can catch the metro from Piraeus to the base of the Acropolis and be on my own from there to tour the Acropolis, right? Total cost maybe20?

8 Answers Sep 26, 2009 at 1:49 AM
    • lvdev22@vtmail.com

by lvdev22 Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I am arrving by cruise ship to Priraeus, Greece and need to get to Patrus, Greece to board a ferry to Ancona, Italy. How do I get to Patrus, yow much is the ferry, how long of a ferry ride is it and after arriving in Ancona...how do I catch transportation to Fiumicno (FCO) airport in Rome? All of this is to take place on the 3rd of May. There are 4 adults in my party.
      Thank you,
      D. Gary
      (lvdev@aol.com)

5 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    • Where to stay and most convenient route from Piraeus to Patras?

by reese096 Online Now Feb 22, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Hi,

My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Piraeus from Santorini at 11:25pm (23:25) and need to get to Patras for a ferry to Bari the day at 6pm (18:00). Should we stay in Piraeus then make our way to Patras the next day? Or somewhere else? Where can someone recommend we stay economically? And, what is the most convenient route to get to Patras?

Thank you so very much for your assistance,

M.

2 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    • Piraeus hotel recommendation?

by unclebacon Online Now Jan 22, 2009 at 6:00 PM

We arrive in Athens on March 22nd and are taking a ferry to Santorini the next day. We thought that it would be more convenient to stay in Piraeus that night. We will be staying in Athens 5 nights on our return. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Jan 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM
    • Dilemma - should we purchase an excursion from the cruise line or do our own?

by pennecrews Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

We are going to be in Piraeus Greece on a cruise ship later this month - arriving at 11am and departing at 8pm. We would like to hire our own taxi or find our own day trip for sightseeing vs purchasing one of the cruise ships excursions. Any recommendations ? Suggestions? Thank you,

3 Answers Jan 9, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    • From central athens to cruise ship and reverse

by lkessler Online Now Jul 9, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I understand that the Pireas metro stop is the location of the ferries. Are the cruise ships there as well??

How do I get from the cruise port (Megas Limoni) to the Acropolis stop?? No taxis please!!

3 Answers Jul 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    • chipmaster's Profile Photo

Chipmaster

by chipmaster Online Now Apr 11, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Arriving Piraeus @ 0700 Holland America Zuiderdam Wed 4/30/08 then departing @ 1700.
      Request info on trains to Plaka shopping.
      Also ferry info to local islands in time to return to ship by 1600.
      We've found, in the past, that local ferries to near-by islands are fun and interesting.
      Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Apr 12, 2008 at 9:32 PM