Piraeus Travel Answers

change location

Directions to Piraeus from Patras by car

by molly54 Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Hi
I have looked on the internet for a route from Patras ferry port to Piraeus ferry port but have come up with several different mapped routes. There is plenty of info on the metro etc but not much about driving your own car and a detailed route to take. Does anyone know the best and quickest route? we will also be towing a boat.
We will be catching the ferry to Rhodes which I believe sails from Gate E1 at Piraeus port. When I have zoomed in on the map of Piraeus port it hasnt got much detail of the direction we will be coming in from. I have read somewhere about a new tunnel but typically cant find the site now.
I would be grateful for any help. We arrive in Patras April 24th 2011 so not long to go.
Many thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Directions to Piraeus from Patras by car

by leics Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Have you tried www.viamichelin.com ?

Use Pátra for Patras and Peiraiás for Piraeus (the spellings viamichelin has in its drop-down menu)).

It will give you route info as well as route & estimated timings..and you can also select quickest/shortest. most economical etc to vary the routing.

It will give you town centre > town centre if you don't know the actual address of the ports.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

just go south to Athens. There is one main highway road with signs to Athens.Type in Michelins guide for maps, but I think it is quite easy if you have a map with you to get the idea of where you are going.Towing a boat and going into the city, I woulmmy xd do night driving as the day has a lot of traffic.

cheers tommy x

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

by mindcrime Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 12:36 AM

april 24 is the orthodox easter which means everyone will drive away from Athens so you will be the only car driving TO Athens :)

what's more the city will be empty that day so there will be no traffic, dont worry.

the new tunnel is on the national highway between Athens and Patras, I think on the way to Patras only but you dont have to worry about it too, hard to loose direction on the highway as all the signs will direct you to Athens (and closer to the end of your route to Piraeus also)

• mariakaptein's Profile Photo

by mariakaptein Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Did you already buy your ferrytickets ? It is Easterweekend and busy
    in Piraeus !! Have a good trip and Kaló Páscha !! ( good Easter)

María

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines