Piraeus Travel Answers

change location
crewrower's Profile Photo

Coming from Plaka for 7:25am ferry - best route to Piraeus?

by crewrower Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 9:09 PM

We are four people with a lot of luggage. Our nearest metro station is Akropoli, which would mean changing lines twice in order to get to the green line to Piraeus. I doubt we could get all four of us with luggage into one taxi (but if we do, what should it cost?). Any recommendations on how we should do this?

Thanks
Chris

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Coming from Plaka for 7:25am ferry - best route to Piraeus?

by xymmot Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 12:35 AM

From the Plaka it is about 20 euros, but there are surcharges like luggauge, late night pickup, hotel call pickup.with four people and lots of lugguage I would find a big taxi,(minivan) to pick you up to the port. I say 50 euros is plenty for four people with so much luggage. I would not take the metro with a lot of lugguage and I doubt the stations are open early enough for you to get to the port. Try reserving a taxi a t a fix price. Tell them the time, people, luggage. Good luck Tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Coming from Plaka for 7:25am ferry - best route to Piraeus?

by johngayton Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 2:37 AM

If you are staying overnight in Athens get your hotel to organise a taxi for you. Most hotels have an arrangement with their preferred taxi company and can usually give you an agreed price and reliable pick-up.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines