Piraeus Travel Answers

change location

From central athens to cruise ship and reverse

by lkessler Online Now Jul 9, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I understand that the Pireas metro stop is the location of the ferries. Are the cruise ships there as well??

How do I get from the cruise port (Megas Limoni) to the Acropolis stop?? No taxis please!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: From central athens to cruise ship and reverse

by qaminari Online Now Jul 9, 2008 at 3:15 PM

MEGALO LIMANI (great harbour), not megas limoni (which sounds more like big lemon to me)!
    Cruise ship terminals A and B are a couple of miles from the Piraeus metro stop, and it would take you 20-25 minutes to walk it. You need to find out exactly where your ship will be and whether they are operating a free shuttle from the railway station (15 minutes from cruise terminals), otherwise there are local buses from the cruise terminal to both railway and metro station.
    See VT Forum temporarily unavailable
    Map on here doesn't show the cruise terminal but it's right at the bottom cretetravel.com/Athens/Athen...
    You can also download port map from here mccruises.gr/index.asp?a_id=...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: From central athens to cruise ship and reverse

by Ronar Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM

See the website europeportreviews.com/Athens..., I think it will answer your question very well. I just stumbled on this site tonight in the course of trying to find out how to get from the cruise ship dock in Piraeus to Athens without having to pay a huge sum for a taxi.

Also see the website travelinfo.gr/athens/transpo..., which has some good info. about the public trans. system in Athens.

Have a great trip!

• Re: From central athens to cruise ship and reverse

by Ronar Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM

See the website europeportreviews.com/Athens..., I think it will answer your question very well. I just stumbled on this site tonight in the course of trying to find out how to get from the cruise ship dock in Piraeus to Athens without having to pay a huge sum for a taxi.

Also see the website travelinfo.gr/athens/transpo..., which has some good info. about the public trans. system in Athens.

Have a great trip!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines