Travel Answers
Pinnawala

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Finding Bus from Colombo Int'l Airport (CMB) to Kandy or Cultural Triangle after Midnight

Sri Lanka 14 hours ago

I will be arriving CMB at 23.30h next Monday (9 March) and would like to go straight to Kandy or the Cultural Triangle area.

There is a free shuttle from the airport to the nearby Averiwatte Bus Station. Will there be buses going to Kandy this late at night (say 00.30h)?

I will be carrying only hand luggage and will have entry Visa and rupee ready so as not to waste time in leaving the airport.

A second best option will be to make my way to Colombo and find a bus from there. I understand buses from Colombo to Kandy go as late as 02.00h.

Thank you in advance!!

more
    • Transportation etc

Sri Lanka 17 hours ago

We shall be arriving in Colombo at 2:20am & would like to head straight for Arugam Bay near Potuvil ... What is the best cheapest way to reach Arugam Bay the same day & what are the connections from the airport to the respective bus stand/train station, If that's difficult then an alternative route, a single day halt on way is possible. Also which other quite/peaceful, swim-able, reasonably priced beach front stay would you recommend in Sri Lanka. (We havent researched much hence your suggestions are welcome)

more
    • Are Bermuda shorts okay for foreign men to wear in Negombo?

Sri Lanka Yesterday

The temperatures seem to call for shorts, but I wonder if it is customary for foreign men to wear Bermuda shorts everywhere? I don't want to offend anyone, so thought I would ask in this great forum!

Thank you.

more
    • Negumbo - How to spend one day/evening

Sri Lanka Feb 5, 2015 at 9:32 AM

My wife and I with 2 x 12yr olds will spend one whole day and an evening in Negumbo. We arrive 9am and leave early the next morning. We will need a bit of rest! Any ideas of how to enjoy the day/evening. This is our first trip to Sri Lanka.
      We generally enjoy wandering and experiencing our surroundings. we enjoy good food and drink to!

more
    • Sri Lanka Itinerary Help Needed

Sri Lanka Feb 18, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Hello there!

I need your advice on the itinerary below, any suggestions are very much appreciated. Does this itinerary look okay? Is there anything else you would suggest in addition or in place of the below?

Day 1 Arrive Colombo noon travel straight to Kandy - 3 Nights Kandy

Day 2 Explore Kandy

Day 3 Day trip to Polonnaruwa

Day 4 Day trip to either Anurahadpura or Sigirya due to limited time which of these places would you recommend

Travel from Kandy to Matara - 2 nights stay Matara

Day 5 Matara Day trip Yala National Park - would you recommend a nearest National Park which is good for safari?

Day 6 Matara Day trip whale watching in Mirrisa

Travel from Matara to Colombo for a 1 am flight.

Thank you!

more
    • Sizes of plastic bottles of drinking water sold in Sri Lanka?

Sri Lanka Yesterday

Is drinking water in Sri Lanka (Negombo) sold in the supermarkets, in TWO-liter plastic bottles? Or, only in 1.5 liter plastic bottles?

The reason I ask is that I have diabetes and so will be bringing fruit-flavored, sugar-free drink powder to mix in 2 litres of water. Will be there two weeks.

Thanks for any info.
      Stan
      México City

more