Pingyao

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Foregners visit to qingdo for 90 days

Qingdao Mar 25, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Did you find the city safe for foreigners especially Indian in Qingdao, is there any prejudice for indians?

more
    • Business Visa for short term internship in China. For 3 months

China Mar 27, 2015 at 6:16 AM

I need some help! I have applied for Business Visa for short term internship in China. For 3 months
      and my application is deficient for following work Permit. There are two types of work permit in China:

1. One year Work Permit – To apply for this kind of work permit, the applicant must have at least two years working experience.
      2. Short Term Work Permit (3 months) – This is the new policy starting to be implemented from Jan 30, 2015. The government official at Labor Bureau said currently only models or actors/actress who perform in China for a short period of time could apply for short term work permit.

I am a student and I neither have experience for 2 years nor I fall in actor category , in such a
      Case, what should I do as I have a job in hand in china but there is problem for visa as per new

visa rules implemented from Jan 30, 2015. Pl guide

more
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

Best budget hotel

Shenzhen Mar 10, 2015 at 4:40 AM

Hello,
      It's my first trip to shenzen and I need recommendation to 4* hotel. Preferably near whole centre and halal food places?
      Or the nearest train station from HK?

more
    • MSmargaret's Profile Photo

I am trying to return to Kowloon

Dongguan Mar 18, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Does anyone know if there is a bus that will go from LiaoBu, Dongguan to Kowloon, Hong Kong with only the stop at the border for immigration?

more
    • Why Chinese currency have two names

China Mar 9, 2015 at 6:36 AM

Have used an online currency converter easycalculation.com/currency... , where chinese yuan renminbi exchange rate was given. I came to know that chinese currency have got two names from this site only. Why it has two names?

more
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

LOCAL MOBILE PHONE/CELL PHONE

Shanghai Mar 2, 2015 at 7:19 AM

We will be in China for a month and we wish to have a local mobile phone/cell phone. Where can we purchase a local mobile phone ,"PAY AS YOU USE"? About how much will it costs? How does it work for a temporary mobile phone?

more
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

From Hongkong to shenzen

Shenzhen Mar 12, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Hello VTers

It's my first time travelling to shenzen and how do I travel to shenzen by train(which I heard of) from hongkong?

more
    • ktlaw1's Profile Photo

Malaria and other assorted nasties..

Yunnan Sheng Mar 4, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Hi guys

I'll be travelling to Yunnan in early April, going through Kunming, Dali, Lijiang and 2 days at Tiger Leaping Gorge.

I've heard all sorts of things from the friends i'm travelling with around the innoculations they're injecting (Rabies, Typhoid, maybe Hep A/B..) and the tablets they're taking (Malaria and the russian roulette of side effects).

I may be going out on a limb here, but is this all rather dramatic when I'm spending 2 days in a 'rural' location (Tiger Leaping Gorge) and staying at decent guesthouses/inns for the rest of the trip? Maybe it's the thought of Yunnan being exotic, or am I being far too lax in my own attitude to health, given my itinerary and April travel date?

any thoughts welcome!

Katie

more
    • Foreigners visit to qingdao , china for 90 days

Qingdao Mar 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Did you find the city safe for foreigners especially Indian in Qingdao, is there any prejudice for indians?

more
    • Does anyone has travel experience in Jiuzhaigou?

China Mar 11, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Hello, everyone. I am a Canadian and now on my business trip in China. As my business activities will be done ahead of time, I want to enjoy some beautiful scenery of China. Some friends on my facebook recommended Jiuzhaigou for me. And others recommended many other places. I don't know which one should I choose. Does anyone has travel experience in Jiuzhaigou?

more
    • places in China

China Mar 15, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Hello
      I want to know what are the most popular places in China?

more
    • KoalaB's Profile Photo

Travel tips

Beijing Shi Mar 13, 2015 at 9:31 PM

I'd really like some feed back re travelling to China in April. It appears the weather may be cooler than what I was expecting? I'm planning to take CNY currency with me but am unsure as to whether I should also take $US as well. The CNY cannot be loaded onto my Travel Debit Card but $US can. I'm travelling from Australia. If you can think of any other tips please feel free to let me know!
      Thanks ... KoalaB

more
    • myortodoks's Profile Photo

KUNMING ITINERARY

Kunming Mar 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Hi I will go to Kunming by Air Asia end of Oct 30 until 5 Nov 2015. From Kunming i would to go to Chuxiong, Lijiang and Dali by train. Can someone suggest me which area i should go first and which place I should cover.

more
    • New Bullet Train

by AaronW124 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 6:32 PM

I'm having trouble finding information about two aspects of the new bullet train between Xi'an - Pingyao and Pingyao - Beijing.
      1. The link below says that it is now operational as of July 1. Can someone verify this? I thought I had read somewhere that its opening might be delayed until September...
      chinahighlights.com/news/aro...

2. Travel China Guide's online train ticket booking service shows that this new route is now available. But, this site shows the station as "Pingyao Ancient Town" instead of just "Pingyao". Does anyone know where this new station is?

Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • TAIYUAN to PINGYAO at night??

by figmento Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM

How can i go from taiyuan to pingyao at night?. the train tickets are sold... taxi? how much does it cost?
      Thank you very much!!

10 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    • cal6060's Profile Photo

Pingyao to Xian

by cal6060 Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 3:25 AM

I am planning a trip to China mid Oct. I worry I might have problem to get sleeper train ticket from Pingyao to Xian. I will take a train from Beijing to Datong. From Datong to Taiyuan, then Taiyuan to Pingyao. I could either take train from Taiyuan to Xian or Pingyao to Xian(better).

1)Can I buy the train ticket in Beijing or Datong Train Station in advance?
      or
      2)Can I buy train ticket in Taiyuan Train Station for the Pingyao-->Xian route?

2 Answers Aug 23, 2011 at 1:01 AM
    • Tian Yuan Kui Hostel how do I book a room?

by philbio Online Now Apr 21, 2010 at 2:55 AM

I have googled and searched everywhere trying to find out how I can book a room at the Tian Yuan Kui Hostel? Any help appreciated.

5 Answers Apr 30, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    • matjung's Profile Photo

From Shanghai to Pingyao

by matjung Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Hi,
      I am going to visit some heritage sites in China.
      One of them is Pingyao.

Is there an airport near this place, or how would you travel from Shanghai to Pingyao?

Also I am curious to find out for travel connections between Pingyao and Luoyang?

4 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    • Pingyao to Datong

by btlim Online Now Apr 2, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Plan to visit Pingyao from Xian and will prefer night train and then fron Pingyao to Datong.. Is there any train service from Xian to Pingyao to Datong?and is it air conditioned? Where can i get the tickets?

15 Answers Apr 11, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    • andsands's Profile Photo

Local Guide/Driver Taiyuan to Pingyao return

by andsands Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Hi,

We are currently putting together our itinerary and organising our trip for April 2010. We would like to find out if anyone knows of a local guide/driver to go from Taiyuan to Pingyao. If so, how much roughly does it cost and is it possible to do a return trip from Taiyuan to Pingyao return in one day and have enough time to see the sights in Pingyao?

Thanks.

2 Answers Sep 5, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Pingyao Wall

by SandiM Online Now Jun 26, 2009 at 11:55 AM

In September, we are arriving in Pingyao around 10am by train and leaving the next morning (late morning). I am a scenic photographer and want to take photographs from on top of the Wall of the Wall (among other things to photograph). Can you walk the whole way around? If so, how long would it take? Where are the entrances to get up if we are staying at the Yide Hotel (northwest area)? We want to try for early morning or around sundown to get some nice, 'romantic/fantasy/misty' shots of the wall (similar to the ones seen in National Geographic etc). Where are the best places to shoot photos if I want to avoid powerlines, modern homes, people, signposts, etc etc? It sounds silly but I try to photograph my scenery without a lot of 'realism' in it...thanks!

3 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    • Train travel to/from Pingyao

by shaw1881 Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM

In May I am planning to take the high speed (X19) train from Beijing to Xian. On the way back from Xian instead of doing the same, I am considering taking an overnight train to Pingyao and then the next night from Pingyao to Beijing.

Does anybody have experience with the Xian -> Pingyao and/or Pingyao->Beijing trains? Can you sleep in the compartments (soft sleeper) or is there too much noise from the train making so many stops.

Also, how hard is it to get tickets. I read somewhere that Pingyao is a small place and doesn't get a very large allotment of sleeper berths.

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    • RusskiPower's Profile Photo

digital photography in Pingyao

by RusskiPower Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 3:22 AM

Where could I find a place in Pingyao where they would burn digital pictures from my Sony Cybershots to a CD please? I'm really stuck, no one seems to know.

2 Answers Dec 2, 2008 at 4:03 AM
    • Asking about Pingyao

by Dedlim Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 12:36 AM

Hi,
      I'm currently in Beijing feeling bored and have a plan visiting Pingyao during this mid autumn festival, I have several questions, hope some of you can help me
      1.How crowded is PIngyao during October holiday period ?is it a bad idea to visit during this time ?
      2.If I decide to visit Pingyao, does 1 one day is enough to explore most of the interesting landmarks in this city so I don't have to find hotel (arrive early in morning and leave at night) ?
      3.What is the must-see and must-visit place in Pingyao, how can I reach them for instance from train station?
      4.How about transportation in Pingyao ? does using public bus is esay : cleary sign, crowded etc, how much the taxi charge ?

Thanks in advance
      Sorry for asking so much questions

Cheers
      Deddy

• Asking about Pingyao

by Dedlim Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 11:55 PM

Hi,
      I'm currently in Beijing feeling bored and have a plan visiting Pingyao during this mid autumn festival, I have several questions, hope some of you can help me
      1.How crowded is PIngyao during October holiday period ?is it a bad idea to visit during this time ?
      2.If I decide to visit Pingyao, does 1 one day is enough to explore most of the interesting landmarks in this city so I don't have to find hotel (arrive early in morning and leave at night) ?
      3.What is the must-see and must-visit place in Pingyao, how can I reach them for instance from train station?
      4.How about transportation in Pingyao ? does using public bus is esay : cleary sign, crowded etc, how much the taxi charge ?

Thanks in advance
      Sorry for asking so much questions

Cheers
      Deddy

2 Answers Oct 1, 2006 at 2:42 AM
    • Taxi from Taiun to Pingyao

by Juliega Online Now Apr 28, 2006 at 6:36 AM

Does anyone have anyidea of the cost of a taxi from the Taiyuan Rail Station to the old town of Pingyao?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2006 at 7:00 PM
    • kleine_dries's Profile Photo

PingYao and Datong

by kleine_dries Online Now May 19, 2005 at 7:22 PM

Hi,
      I want to go from Shenzen to Datong and PingYao, but am still looking for the best way to go from PingYao to Datong, and from Datong back to Shenzen. I understand that it is not possible to fly directly, but can anyone tell me what options there are with a stop over somewhere on route?
      Also any suggestions for nice, different, good but still cheap hotels in PingYao and Datong would be very much appreciated!
      Thanks, Yvonne

2 Answers May 20, 2005 at 12:50 AM
    • yeikloen's Profile Photo

Luoyang to Pingyao

by yeikloen Online Now Dec 3, 2003 at 3:19 AM

Hi Does anyone know if there are any bus or train from Luoyang to Pingyao? How much, how long is the journey, I know there is a bus from Luoyang to Taiyuan but does it passed Pingyao? Thanks. Cheers, Loen

3 Answers Dec 4, 2003 at 12:51 AM