Pilar Travel Answers

change location

Balanga to Pilar

by hanscordova Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Hi guys! I'm planning to have a tour of Bataan, I'd like to know how to commute from Balanga to Dambana ng Kagitingan in Pilar and back, and how long is the travel time? If you know the answer, pls reply, I really need your help...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: Balanga to Pilar

by asianbelle Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM

If I recall right, it's about 30 mins or less. However, I'm not sure, as I didn't notice it, if there are public jeepneys or tricycle that go up to Mt. Samat. Dambana is about 10kms from the national highway.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PinoyTraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Balanga to Pilar

by PinoyTraveler Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM

from the city to the intersection its more or less 10km and takes just a few breaths. there are jeeps or minibuses going to bagac or morong from the transport terminal so hop on any one of them. there is no direct commute to the cross.

i walked(alone) the upward road from the highway intersection and it is about 7km of cool foresty road. more tiring nearer the dambana as the road becomes steeper. there are shortcuts too (e.g., you climb the hill from side of the road and voila you are on the road again) instead of zigzagging. see this map:
    maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&t...
    that what i walked.

there are habal-habal rides waiting at the highway intersection though if you want to zoom up. no jeeps. just habalhabal. same thing from up there. cant remember how much that was and i only took the downward(return) run. probably P50 or therearounds.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines