change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accommodation on Lamma Island

Hong Kong Apr 29, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum. I've just got a job in July and August in Hong Kong and I'm looking for a place to stay on Lamma Island with my partner and little boy. Can anyone give me any advice?

Would be most appreciated.

Emily

more
    • Hong kong Disneyland vacation.

Hong Kong Apr 17, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I am thinking about taking my wife and 9 year old daughter on vacation to Hong Kong Disneyland. I was wondering how important it is to stay on the property. The Hotels seem to be a bit expensive but I really want this to be super special for my daughter. Can you tell me the advantages of staying on site. Also, I am a photographer and love to shoot street photography. I would like to know where there are authentic sites near the theme park. I will take a day to site see and take shots. Thank you for the help.

more
    • Hong Kong holiday!

Hong Kong 1 hours ago

Hi I will be traveling to Hong Kong this coming 7 of May for 5 days and would like to do a bit of everything. Shopping, sightseeing, visit attractions, nightlife and of course enjoy some local good food. I read a few posts before hand and many have mention to get an octopus card. Will do so to ease my traveling!

For the first day is mainly entitled to shopping. Is there any good places to buy clothes and hand bags for both cheap and branded? Hopefully, I'm able to kill two birds with a stone within the same mall. And also electronic shopping. A mall that does repairs/buys/sells/trade electronic goods. Hoping to repair my iPhone 5 and trade it or sell it.

For the second day I'll be heading down to Disneyland as I can't remember the last time I've been to one. Is there another cheaper alternative to get the tickets? Would be spending an entire day there. Any idea of what's there to do after?

Thirdly, I'll be visiting Macau. Anything that I shouldn't miss out in Macau? Would not be spending an entire day there. Will go there in the morning and back in the late evening.

Thank you in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Sorry for being so lengthy.

more
    • Travel mid may

Hong Kong Apr 14, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Hey ill be travelling to Hong Kong for holidays mid may and will be staying somewhere near ice house street central Hk just wanted to know is this area safe are there any protests .. thanks

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is Hong Kong safe to travel? Any demonstrations?

Hong Kong Apr 12, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Hi, Hong Kong VT,

Is Hong Kong safe to travel in June? Are there still demonstrations in shopping centres and Central ?

Chyan

more
    • weather in early may 2015 in hongkong

Hong Kong Apr 10, 2015 at 8:20 PM

we are planning to visit Hong Kong on may 7th 2015 for 5 days. How will be the weather conditions? Will it be too rainy and spoil the vacation?

more
    • Nice places to stay close to parks and yummy local food?

Hong Kong Island Apr 20, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Whats the best way to travel with kids to?

more
    • Regarding May. Lama, Lantau or Discovery Bay?

Hong Kong Island Apr 20, 2015 at 11:50 PM

We are traveling with family , 2 girls , 6 and 2 years and wanted to take a couple of days towards the end of the week in one of the island, which one would you recommend. Could we travel straight to the airport form any one of these?
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • adin's Profile Photo

very basic and preliminary info - cost of living, safety etc

Hong Kong Island Apr 9, 2015 at 10:53 AM

As very basic, first "reaching out" questions for Hong Kong, business mainland (kowloon):
      1. cost of living assuming good hostel (dormitory), mid-range eating places, some public transport or local taxi in the island.
      2. which currency - EUR or USD to bring with me, or is it the same in terms of local customs and acceptance.
      3. General use of MasterCard - can rely on it in most places? banks? ATMs? No danger of "duplicating" in shops?
      4. Places of medical help / clinic in case of need, western standards.
      5. words of safety/beware of........(young woman traveling alone).
      6. recommended travel pages here on VT.
      Thanks.

more
    • Hotel Suggestions - Kowloon

Hong Kong Apr 8, 2015 at 3:22 AM

My husband and I will be staying in Hong Kong for 4 nights in August and are looking for suggestions of good value, clean, comfortable hotel, probably on the Kowloon part of Hong Kong - don't need gym etc.

more