Pigeon Forge Travel Answers

change location

What is happening in Pigeon Forge?

by cruisemom Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM

We will be in Pigeon Forge for 2 nights this summer. What do you recommend to do and where is a good place to eat. I have a 14 and a 15 year old. We plan to go to Dollywood. Someone mentioned an indoor skydiving place but I'm not sure it is worth the price. Where is the best place for touring the mountains.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: What is happening in Pigeon Forge?

by riorich55 Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM

It looks like from your other VT posts that you are on a road trip through Tennessee and South Carolina. I haven't bee to Pigeon Forge, but take a look at a map and figure out if the Asheville, North Carolina area fits into your schedule. My wife and I spent 3 days near here (actually in Waynesville, NC) last October and loved the ride through the Great Smokey Mountains on the North Carolina side (Gatlinburg is on the Tennessee side). On the expensive side, but I think worth the money is the Biltmore Manor just outside of Asheville. I think even the 14 and 15 years olds will enjoy it. They also have a very funky tour called the La Zoom Tour in Asheville which is fun to do. I'll give you a link in another post.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

by riorich55 Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Here is the link to that LaZoom tour in Asheville. http://www.lazoomtours.com/

You can also go to my homepage and click on My Videos to see a couple of small videos from the tour.

• DPAlabama's Profile Photo

by DPAlabama Online Now Apr 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Best places to eat are Jt Hannas, bullfish, and the partridge and pear. Stay away from the "chain" restaurants, heck you can do that at home! Do the park, and the best hike is Laurel falls, bears are always there. Explore the outlying areas of the glades, wears valley, townsend, and asheville, nc. Have to do dollywood, the smokey mountain moonshine distillery, ziplines (recommend the one on wears valley road, we did it and loved it!), and now you should be able to do tubing. The indoor skydiving seems to be a hit, didn't try it but have known others who have and loved it.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines