Pigeon Forge Travel Answers

change location

the mountains @ thanksgiving first timers

by cynthia47022 Online Now Nov 3, 2005 at 2:01 AM

Can we go this time of year - thanksgiving...... for less than during the summer months? I am looking at taking my 2 teens - 16 & 17 there over thanksgiving. anyone been to PF during this time? We are looking for a nice place to stay and hit some shops and have some 'teen stuff' to do... WE HAVE NEVER BEEN - LET ALONE OVER THANKSGIVING! Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: the mountains @ thanksgiving first timers

by princessdorrie Online Now Nov 3, 2005 at 6:32 AM

the fairfield inn during x-mass in sevierville is about 100 a night. the one in gatlinburg is about 125 a night, the edgewater is good and has suites. the fairfield inn number is 1-800-228-2800. the chop house is a good place to eat, and so is the apple barn complex that is owned by stokleys. there are some good outlet shops, all the artsy, touristy stuff in gatlinburg, the craft trail (ask for a map at your hotel) there are some dinner shows, but i have never been. happy travels

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

RE: RE: the mountains @ thanksgiving first timers

by Krumlovgirl Online Now Nov 3, 2005 at 2:25 PM

The rates should be lower at Thanksgiving than in the summer months. Mini golf, the Dixie Stampede, and most of the shows should still be running as well. I agree with the other person that the Chop House is a good place to eat, as well as the Apple Barn. In Gatlinburg the Open Hearth and Burning Bush are both nice restaurants. Pigeon Forge and Sevierville both have good outlet shopping and they should be doing some good sales there at that time of the year. I like Gatlinburg better than Pigeon Forge myself, but that's personal preference. You can easily walk around Gatlinburg while PG is really spread out.

• theferryman's Profile Photo

RE: the mountains @ thanksgiving first timers

by theferryman Online Now Nov 4, 2005 at 2:59 AM

The Country Music Shows are very good (if you like Country Music) The 50/60's music show is terrible. Dollywood is worth a visit if you look at it 'tongue in cheek'. Also, Pigeon Forge is a 'dry' town, no alcohol served, even with meals!

• RE: the mountains @ thanksgiving first timers

by nme861 Online Now Nov 13, 2006 at 3:58 PM

We are going over Thanksgiving, I hope it is a good time to go. We are staying at Fireside Chalets. We have had the reservation for a while. It was pretty reasonable to me. We are really looking forward to going. We will be there from Wednesday-Sunday. We will be sure to eat at the Peddler in Gatlinburg, and Bennett's Bar-B-Q in Pigeon Forge. We go at least once a year, usually in February. This time it will be the whole family taking the kids (17 and 22).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines