Pienza Travel Answers

change location

Trying to find the name and contact info of an art gallery store

by filmmakerdream Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 5:41 AM

I was just in Pienza a few weeks ago and I brought a breautiful painted box from a small art gallery owned by a man. This gallery was entirely filled with just this man's paintings of the Tuscany region. He gave me his card with the contact info, but I lost it. I am wondering if anybody who frequently visits Pienza or lives there can maybe help me locate this place and find the contact info. I remember that it was located next to a souvenir shop and before the large square area with a cathedral.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Trying to find the name and contact info of an art gallery store

by mccalpin Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 10:02 AM

This is just a guess, but there is an art and precious things store near the Duomo - "Caratelli Beatrice Arte E Preziosi". The address is
    "10, CORSO IL ROSSELLINO
    53026 Pienza (SI)
    t. 0578 748005 "

Corso Rossellino is the main drag that bisects the old town, running through (or by) Piazza Pio II (the piazza that the Duomo and 2 famous palazzi are on).

Note that next door (at number 7, Corso Il Rossellino) is "CARATELLI BEATRICE ANTICHITA'" (an antique store). Their phone number is 0578 748775.

Allegedly, if you go to pagine-mail.it/hitemail.php?...' you will be able to send an email to the antiques store - I have no idea if this will work...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines