Pictou Travel Answers

change location
Lisser's Profile Photo

Has anyone been here?

by Lisser Online Now Sep 12, 2002 at 4:15 PM

Since I'm the only VT member from Pictou...I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever been to or passed through my little town! If you have, I'd love to hear about your trip and how you liked it here in Nova Scotia! Please... share :)

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Has anyone been here?

by RobDavis Online Now Sep 12, 2002 at 5:49 PM

Hi Lisser; I've been to Pictou (or at least passed through it) several times. I don't really count, since I used to live in Nova Scotia, but I just thought I would reply anyway. That area of the Province is beautiful, and you're lucky to live there!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Pierre_Rouss's Profile Photo

Re: Has anyone been here?

by Pierre_Rouss Online Now Sep 12, 2002 at 8:32 PM

Pictou is where I took off from the ferry from PEI. The area is nice. I liked the whole North coast, Chetican, etc... toward the Cabot trail. Hope to get back soon. Pierre

by binnendijk Online Now Sep 18, 2002 at 1:33 PM

I was there last July, on my vacation trip in Nova Scotia. Strolled around a few hours, looked at the Ship Hector replica on the waterfront, had a decent meal. It's a nice friendly town. Greetings, Henk Binnendijk

• ginirover's Profile Photo

by ginirover Online Now Sep 29, 2002 at 5:56 AM

We were in Nova Scotia 3 years ago and surely will visit it again in the next years because we didn't visit all intresting places yet. On our visit we passed through Pictou. We found it a cute place. There just was a boatshow when we were there so that was nice. We also liked the place where they made a reconstruction of an old ship. And we liked the restaurants and taverns............. So we're bound to come back...

by Dr.Z. Online Now Nov 22, 2002 at 6:59 PM

we went to Scotland last year& loved it so much we thought we would go to Nova Soctia this year. I have just started planning the trip. We will be there for 3 weeks probably in June. Where are you located. Is early June a good time to come.

• BillyInHfx's Profile Photo

by BillyInHfx Online Now Jan 13, 2003 at 11:48 PM

Ahh.. Pictou! Home of the Lobster festival! How could I ever forget?? :) Although, really, New Glasgow was more convienent to go to when we had to restock at the NSLC during the "camping" trips. I had poked aorund Pictou many times, but I spent more time on the outskirts along the Northumberland shore. Gosh.... how I miss the ocean since moving to TO.... :(

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines