change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mnavarro's Profile Photo

Late flight into Christchurch and Coach Ride to Queenstown

Christchurch Jan 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM

My husband and I are getting into Christchurch from Melbourne at 11:40PM. Should we take a taxi to our hotel in downtown Christchurch and how much do we expect to pay? What hotel with 24-hour reception would you recommend near the bus/coach station to Queenstown.

Also, we will be taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown. Has anyone experienced taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown? How comfortable is the ride and are there restroom stops on the way? What do you recommend we do to have a stressfree time on the coach for 8 hours.

Thank you so much for your input.

Marilou

more
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

How to go to Moeraki from Dunedin

Moeraki Jan 17, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Hi,

I'd like to visit the boulders next week for my birthday. Just don't know the best way to go there without driving a car though. Is there a train going all the way to Moeraki boulders? Not quite sure if Dunedin railways only goes to Palmerston and Oumaru without stopping at Moeraki. Or should we get off Palmerston and find a way to go to Moeraki? Or is there any other way, by bus maybe? Appreciate your suggestions!

Thank you!

Haydee

more
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

Itinerary for 3 days in Dunedin

Dunedin Jan 2, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Hello! in about 3 weeks, me and my bf are flying to Dunedin and still have no hotel bookings and no itinerary yet. We are staying there for 4 days and 3 nights. Would appreciate any suggestions! Thank you in advance and happy new year!

Haydee

more
    • Week Dec. 20-27 or Dec. 28- Jan. 2 for Queenstown

Queenstown Jan 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Which week is better in terms of crowd and sites closure during holidays? We are from USA, a couple at 50 & early 60 plan to stop over at Queenstown for 1 week and visit family in Melbourne Australia for another week.

more
    • Mnavarro's Profile Photo

Late flight into Christchurch and Coach Ride to Queenstown

Christchurch Jan 4, 2015 at 7:30 PM

My husband and I are getting into Christchurch from Melbourne at 11:40PM. Should we take a taxi to our hotel in downtown Christchurch and how much do we expect to pay? What hotel with 24-hour reception would you recommend near the bus/coach station to Queenstown.
      Also, we will be taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown. Has anyone experienced taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown? How comfortable is the ride and are there restroom stops on the way? What do you recommend we do to have a stressfree time on the coach for 8 hours.
      Thank you so much for your input.
      Marilou

more
    • trancoastal

by bettytan Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 4:50 AM

I will be travelling from Picton to Christchurch. I can use either the intercity coach or the tranzcoastal train. Which would be a better option? Or perhaps a car?

5 Answers Apr 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    • lowlee's Profile Photo

Queen Charlotte Sound accomodation

by lowlee Online Now Sep 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM

HI,
      We are a family of 5(2adults/3 children aged 10,13,14) planning to tbe in Queen Charlotte Sound in early Dec. Looking to stay in one of the lodges in the sound for 3 nights and explore the Queen Charlotte track around the accomodation.
      Considering Endeavour Resort and Fishing Lodge. NOt much info on the net except their Website.

Wonder if anyone has experience at the Resort or if they have other family self contained units (moderate price range NZ$200-300)to recommend for the family.

Thanks.

Low
      (Singapore)

6 Answers Dec 10, 2009 at 6:38 AM
    • cybergenic's Profile Photo

Kayaking tours

by cybergenic Online Now Nov 15, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Hi there, has anyone had any experience with http://www.marlboroughsounds.co.nz/ kayaking tours?
      They look reasonable but personal experience is the proof in the pudding.
      Any other companies you can recomend for kayaking/camping would be apreciated.

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 4, 2009 at 5:56 PM