Phuntsholing

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Queries about 8D 7N Bhutan Itinerary 9-16th August 2015

Bhutan Aug 2, 2015 at 9:51 AM

My husband and I are travelling to Bhutan for a week from 9th to 16th August. We are flying in and out of Paro from India.
      We haven't used any travel agent. Please help me with the following questions.

1. What is the the regular Taxi Fare from Paro to Thimphu if we take a taxi from Paro Airport? Are the airport services expensive than regular taxis? We are reaching Paro in the evening and we would like to stay overnight in Thimphu.

2. We are unable to decide between the following 2 itineraries.
      a) 3 N in Thimphu, 1 N in Punakha, 3 N in Paro. Travel to Thimphu on Day 1, keep Day 2 and Day 3 for SIghtseeing in and around Thimphu, Travel to Punakha on Day 4, Travel back to Paro on Day 5, spend evening and Day 6 doing local Paro sightseeing and Haa valley. See Tiger's Nest on Day 7. Depart from Paro back to India on Day 8.

b) 3 N in Thimphu, 2 N in Gangtey/Phobhjikha via Dochula and Punakha, 2 N in Paro.
      Travel to Thimphu on Day 1, keep Day 2 and Day 3 for sightseeing in and around Thimphu, Travel to Gangtey on Day 4 via Dochula and Punakha. Do Gangtey sightseeing on Day 5. Return all the way back to Paro on Day 6. See Tiger's nest on Day 7. Depart from Paro on Day 8.

The second itinerary feels like a stretch and doesn't give us any time to do local Sightseeing in Paro and Haa. The various reviews on Trip Advisor suggest that Gangtey is very beautiful and the Paro sightseeing is not that great apart from Tiger's Nest but some others also have a different perspective about Paro and rave about it.

3. Please suggest the regular taxi fares for travel around Thimphu, to Punakha and Back to Paro. Would we need a taxi to do local Paro Sightseeing, Haa and Tiger's nest?

What do you guys suggest! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a ton in advance!

more