change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

High Tea Venues

Siem Reap Dec 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM

We will be in Siem Reap for 4 nights early Feb and I would like to take my wife to a first class hotel or other venue that provides British Style High Tea.

Would also consider any venue providing a Traditional Cambodia High Tea.

When in Bangkok we have visited the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel that provides a Thai High Tea ( afternoon), traditional Thai Food. We will revisit in Feb after we depart Siem Reap.

Would appreciate any restaurants ( mid range price & good food) in Siem Reap for evening meals, our hotel is walking distance from Pub Street.

more
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

How long to stay in Siem Reap

by schmechi Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I'll combine my next year's holiday in Thailand with a trip to Cambodia. Due to lack of time I'll travel by plane. Definitely I want to visit Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Tonle Sap. So how many days you'd schedule for these sights?

And is it more clever to stay in Siem Reap and make locational tours? Or should I move between the sights? Did I overlook a must-see in the Siem Reap-region?

7 Answers Jun 2, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    • Visiting Siem Reap's Schools and Making Donations

by justgetmeoutofhere Online Now Aug 18, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Hi all,

I will be visiting Siem Reap for the first time in Oct 09 and am very very keen to donate stationery and other items to the schools there. Due to luggage allowance, I am thinking of buying the items when I get there. I understand that there will be some scams, such as overcharging, by small bookshops near the schools.

Can anyone help me by recommending a trustworthy stationery or bookshop in the Siem Reap area? I am targeting to buy pencils, erasers, maybe even books by the thousands!

Also, if you happen to know of any legitimate charity or organisations I can work with regarding this donation, I would be most happy! I have written to several, but only received around 2 replies via email (probably due to the lack of internet services there?).

Thanks a lot everyone!

13 Answers Nov 30, 2009 at 3:08 AM
    • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Siem Reap Street Names

by AlbuqRay Online Now May 19, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I just wrote a General tip on Siem Reap street names around the Old Market. I think I have been able to identify some of them but I have not been able to figure out the name of the street that runs along the northwest side of the Old Market. Does anyone know it?

7 Answers Jun 21, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    • MEKONG EXPRESS OFFICE IN SEAM REAP

by saraguev Online Now Dec 13, 2008 at 1:40 AM

Does anybody knows if I can get the bus tickets from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville in Mekong Express Seam Reap office? Next Dec 25 I will fly from Seam Reap to P.Penh and then I am planning to take a bus to Sihanoukville. I have read in some threads of the forum that the bus station is very crowded and that sometimes it is very difficult to get a seat.
      Any idea if its possible to buy those tickets in advance in S.Reap?

2 Answers Dec 13, 2008 at 6:42 AM
    • ATMS

by lonpuff Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 12:13 AM

Hi All,
      Can someone tell me if I can use atms with Nationwide Debit Card.
      I have heard that Phnom Penh is Cirrus and Maestro
      lonpuff

2 Answers Nov 20, 2008 at 1:55 AM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

December a good time?

by stamporama Online Now Jun 19, 2008 at 2:31 AM

My wife and I are thinking of going to Siem Reab by this year's end, specifically on the week between Christmas and New Year's. Would this be a good time to travel there? Is Phnom Pehn worth a visit or can we just skip it? Thanks for any reply.

3 Answers Jun 20, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    • kenyneo's Profile Photo

From Siem Reap to Phnom Penh

by kenyneo Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Hi VTers,

Wondering if anyone of you have done Siem Reap - Phnom Penh and vice versa ? I saw a VTer posted that there is a Mekong Express ferry which is fantastic but cant seems to view the link of the website and my google does not return any information either .

Also if I decide to take a flight , what airlines can I choose from and how reliable are they ? I am open to either flight or ferry .

Thanks
      Kenny

3 Answers Apr 19, 2008 at 10:24 PM
    • kenningst's Profile Photo

From Siem Reap to Bangkok

by kenningst Online Now Dec 9, 2007 at 1:09 AM

Hi All,

I am planning to travel from Siem Reap to Bangkok via bus. I read somewhere that I will have to take a bus from Siem Reap to Poipet (get my stamp into Thailand) then take a motorcycle to Aranyaprathet and then from here I take a bus to Bangkok. Few questions here

1) Is it easy and convenient to travel the route above?

2) Where in Siem Reap should I buy the bus ticket to Poipet and how much is the cost? How long is this journey?

3) How much is the cost of taking a bus from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok? How long is this journey?

4) Are there busses that goes direct from Siem Reap all the way to Bangkok? Is yes, any recommended bus companies?

Thanks

5 Answers Dec 20, 2007 at 5:40 AM
    • puedeba2004's Profile Photo

How much should we pay a guide?

by puedeba2004 Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 10:29 PM

Where can we find a good guide? How much should we pay him?

4 Answers Aug 29, 2007 at 3:51 AM
    • Apsara Dance

by kirsten2004 Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 12:19 AM

Hi

I would like to watch the Apsara Dance performance in Siem Reap.
      Would anyone recommend some restaurant that serves good food AND good Apsara performance at an affordable price?

I know there are many restaurant/guesthouse that offer buffet cum Apsara dance, but most are tourist traps.
      Need your help to identify the good ones

Thanks

5 Answers Apr 9, 2007 at 9:45 PM
    • kenningst's Profile Photo

Staying with the locals..

by kenningst Online Now Jan 23, 2007 at 5:27 AM

I always believe that if you really want to understand a country in and out, you have to stay,eat and talk to the locals..i am planning a trip to Siem reap in April and plan to stay in siem reap alone for a week before heading to Bangkok. I was wondering if there is any place that i could arrange to stay in a local home for one night and to dine their home cooked local dish. I bet it will be an eye opener... any help of VT out there?

3 Answers May 5, 2007 at 6:20 AM
    • Yasuo-ms's Profile Photo

How much time is enough in Siem Reap / Angkor?

by Yasuo-ms Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Hi!!

We're a group of friends arriving in Siem Reap on the 6th of April at 07:00 in the morning. We're thinking of staying in Siem Reap / Angkor until the 8th at around 15:00. Basically we're spending almost 3 days, 2 nights.

We would like to know if this is enough time to get to know most of the Angkor complex. After this we head for Hanoi, Vietnam. However we don't want to buy plane tickets until we've decided how much time we should spend.

We would also like to know if 2 days are enough to visit Angkor. If it is maybe we would save a day for our Vietnam visit.

Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 26, 2007 at 3:44 PM
    • manta30's Profile Photo

Siem Reap : 6 Dec to 10 Dec 2006

by manta30 Online Now Dec 3, 2006 at 9:29 AM

Hi all,

Together with my hubby, we are in our early 30s and need your inputs last minute on the following, thanks in advance:

My itinerary is as follows:
      6 Dec at 540pm : Arrive Siem Reap
      7 Dec & 8 Dec : Sunrise, sunset - temples visiting (Angkor Wat and Banteay Srei)
      9 Dec : Explore the town/old market and shopping
      10 Dec at 12pm, depart Siem Reap.
      Driver : booked
      Passport size photo : done in advance

QN 1 : With regard to accomodation, any VT forumers had put up at (1) Casa Angkor Hotel and/or (2) La Villa Loti and if so, feedback/comments please?

It seems Casa Angkot Hotel is located within walking distance from the "center" of Siem Reap. As for location wise, La Villa Loti is further away from town but I guess it is fine to walk to and fro town? And rooms in La Villa Loti (from its website) seem to have a distinct character of its own. Which is recommended for a couple?

QN 2 : Any suggestion as to what we can do on Day 1 upon arrival at about 540pm? Think with the transfer and check in, we should be ready to explore Siem Reap from about 7pm onwards. Do shops operate till late night?

QN 3 : As we are arriving late on 6 Dec, doubt we are in time (i) for sunset and (ii) to make purchase of Angkor Wat pass for the following day to avoid the q. At this time of the year, I pressume the "Q" would be shorter compared to the peak season and henceforth, we should not worry so much? Planning to capture sunrise on 7 Dec and wonder whether we will be caught in the line.

This trip is a short one and we hope to be back again to visit the rest of the temples.

Thanks for your time and cheers to all!

7 Answers Dec 5, 2006 at 8:51 PM
    • reshmi's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve

by reshmi Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 5:18 PM

I've just realised that I'll be spending new year's eve this year in siem reap. I was just wondering how the locals celebrate it over there, or do they even celebrate it??

3 Answers Oct 2, 2006 at 5:16 AM
    • Cycling in Siem Reap

by globetrotter77 Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 12:01 PM

Hello,
      Has anyone rented a bike and cycled around Siem Reap (and the Angkor Temples)? Is it relatively easy and safe to do? Where can bike be rented (company names and details would be great!) and where should we visit?
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Sep 20, 2006 at 6:23 PM
    • tsokoholic's Profile Photo

Bangkok to siem reap

by tsokoholic Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 5:28 AM

Hi! planning a trip for the first time to siem reap. Is it advisable to go there 2nd week of October? Is this still the wet season? Is it advisable to take the bus from bangkok to siem reap and vice versa? How long is the trip? where do we get bus tickets? Is it possible to hire a taxi from bangkok to siem reap and vice versa?

4 Answers Sep 22, 2006 at 5:10 AM
    • thuyronald's Profile Photo

siem reap airways booking

by thuyronald Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 7:45 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if Siem Reap Airways fly from Siem Reap to Danang, Vietnam. I've read that it has this route, but can't get schedule or info from the website. It directs me to Bangkok Airways website, which does not list this route. I will be coming from Bangkok to Siem Reap, but will be visiting Hoi An afterwards and don't want to back track.

Can anyone give me info and/or link or an agency that I can book this Siem Reap- Danang route?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 18, 2006 at 1:50 AM
    • Dejan_SLO's Profile Photo

Transfer SR - Bangkok

by Dejan_SLO Online Now Jul 27, 2006 at 4:07 AM

Did anyone have any experience in traveling from SR to Bangkok by bus? I am currently in SR and I found different companies that offer the ride from10 to15. The length of trip also varies - from 9h to 12h. If anyone can recommend or give some information on that topic, I would deeply appreciate it.

Thank you and regards from Cambodia.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2006 at 10:28 PM
    • Travel to Pnohm Pehn

by globis Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 3:30 AM

whats the best option going to PP from SR late August - boat , bus or plane ?
      Any shared cabs going the same route - what will the approx price be ?

5 Answers Sep 29, 2006 at 10:32 PM
    • Which hotel better LA NORIA or PAVILLON INDOCHINE

by Muminjapan Online Now Feb 16, 2006 at 2:31 AM

Thanks for you help! Also how about the Billabong Hotel for PP.
      Cheers.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2006 at 3:09 AM
    • kph100's Profile Photo

Angkor in June.

by kph100 Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 3:30 PM

Hi
      Were in singapore for 10 days start of June and considering a 2 night stay in Siem reap to see angkor wat.
      I know its getting towards wet season then, would this totally affect a trip not making it worthwhile ?
      Thks.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2006 at 11:52 AM
    • What is the Pavillon Indochine like?/ PRIVATE taxi to PP

by Muminjapan Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 12:18 AM

Hi there!
      Off to SR in a few weeks looked on the web at this hotel looks nice and has a pool! Has anyone stayed there?
      Is it too far out from the action , the book say close to Angkor Wat?
      Arriving at night will get up early and do the 3 day pass to Angkor then onto PP by boat or PRIVATE TAXI any idea how much and how long this would take to get to PP.
      Cheers.

4 Answers Feb 16, 2006 at 2:33 AM
    • Boat travel from SR to PP

by kitabaru Online Now Jan 15, 2006 at 8:54 PM

We are seeking info on boat travel from SR to PP -
      Questions -
      1. Where to purchase tickets,price, depart/arrive times, etc. ?
      2. Travel date will be 27 April, will there be enough water in Tonle Sap Lake for boat travel at this time of the year ??
      All info gratefully received.

3 Answers Jan 26, 2006 at 4:07 AM
    • Steve237's Profile Photo

Looking for a reasonably priced cool hotel in Siem Reap

by Steve237 Online Now Sep 13, 2004 at 4:39 AM

Hi everyone, My freind and I are planning our trip from Bangkok to Cambodia to Vietnam and want to get some ideas of nice hotels to look for when we arrive at the various points on our journey... We want to be where all the action is, in a reasonably priced clean hotel, in an area where we can get advice and tips from fellow travellers. Any recommendations for a cool place to stay in Phnom Pehn would be greatly appreciated! The same goes for Phnom Pehn, Bangkok and HCMC (Saigon) Many thanks!

5 Answers Sep 12, 2005 at 4:17 PM
    • Has anyone stayed at kompoul Pich hotel

by ianprescott Online Now Feb 6, 2004 at 3:49 PM

I am negotiating a price for 9 nights at this hotel.. has anyone stayed there before and if so what did you think about it

1 Answer Sep 2, 2004 at 2:03 AM
    • Climate

by tpj1 Online Now Dec 12, 2003 at 1:13 AM

I am travelling to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos in January. Could someone tell me what the climate will be like? Thanks

1 Answer Dec 30, 2003 at 10:55 PM
    • Ramonq's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Siem Reap

by Ramonq Online Now Dec 6, 2003 at 9:25 PM

Do these10-20 recommended by VT'ers have showers and toilets? Which one has the best value for money (amenities against cost)?

3 Answers Jan 4, 2004 at 12:59 PM
    • ferry travel from Cambodia to Vietnam

by wendymoline Online Now Oct 21, 2003 at 1:04 AM

We are looking for info on ferry travel from Siem Reap or Pnom Penh Saigon - nothing fancy, just safe and reliable. We will be Siem Reap and want to travel about 22 Jan 04. Would like to know if we need to book before we go, and how much it is likely to cost, also how long it will take. Are looking for a cheaper alternative than flying which is about132 AUD ($90US).

7 Answers Oct 23, 2003 at 5:29 AM