Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location

MEKONG EXPRESS OFFICE IN SEAM REAP

by saraguev Online Now Dec 13, 2008 at 1:40 AM

Does anybody knows if I can get the bus tickets from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville in Mekong Express Seam Reap office? Next Dec 25 I will fly from Seam Reap to P.Penh and then I am planning to take a bus to Sihanoukville. I have read in some threads of the forum that the bus station is very crowded and that sometimes it is very difficult to get a seat.
Any idea if its possible to buy those tickets in advance in S.Reap?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • betska's Profile Photo

Re: MEKONG EXPRESS OFFICE IN SEAM REAP

by betska Online Now Dec 13, 2008 at 5:05 AM

You should maybe call Mekong Express on 934189. They have buses that do that route for US$6. They have 2 services each day. The alternative is to hire your own taxi (US$30-35 on your own or share, aroundUS$8) It takes around 4 hours.
    Best to do the trip in daytime, due to all kinds of bad drivers & driving conditions.
    There are cheaper alternatives to Mekong Express (eg. Phnom Penh Sorya, Rith Mony) but I am unsure how you can book these in advance. Otherwise, call in to any agent in Seam Reap. They should be able to give you the latest information, or at least assure you that it is possible to book the journey once you reach Phonm Penh.
    Enjoy your trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gaolei's Profile Photo

Re: MEKONG EXPRESS OFFICE IN SEAM REAP

by gaolei Online Now Dec 13, 2008 at 6:42 AM

We used a travel agancy in Siem Reap to book the bus to PP. We got the ticket at their office the day before the trip. We went back to their office shortly before the trip and their agent took us in a mini bus to the bus terminal and the bus. It was very easy, no problems!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines