Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location
kenyneo's Profile Photo

From Siem Reap to Phnom Penh

by kenyneo Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Hi VTers,

Wondering if anyone of you have done Siem Reap - Phnom Penh and vice versa ? I saw a VTer posted that there is a Mekong Express ferry which is fantastic but cant seems to view the link of the website and my google does not return any information either .

Also if I decide to take a flight , what airlines can I choose from and how reliable are they ? I am open to either flight or ferry .

Thanks
Kenny

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bkarjee's Profile Photo

Re: From Siem Reap to Phnom Penh

by bkarjee Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Hi Keny
    You can either take a bus, ferry (Mekong Express) or a flight from Siem Reap (SR) to Phnom Penh (PP) and vice versa. In the SR-PP-SR Sector, the flight of choice at present is Siem Reap airways and they offer 4 flights a day, at approximately70 per person per direction.
    I will recommend not to take the ferry (Mekong Express) as it is very expensive and not worth value for money. You may wish to read the comments from fellow passengers in the VT Travel Guides section.
    Another recommended route is going by road, which also takes 5-6 hours and lots of buses are available in both directions. You need to check out from the reception/travel desk of the hotel where you are staying in PP/SR about the buses. They can arrange or help you book tickets. The buses are comfortable and the ticlets are cheap. Maximum10 per person.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rainbowseeker's Profile Photo

by rainbowseeker Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 3:16 AM

Kenny,
    Two airlines to choose from, although they are associated with each other They are Siem Reap Airways and Bangkok Airways. Both fly SR to PP ( about 8 flights per day Fare about56 one way. They are both good reliable airlines and have good websites.Another possibility is the Mekong Express BUS which takes about 6 hours with a half hour lunch stop. Buses are first class with toilets and you also get a snack pack. Fare approx12 one way. There is a 0730 departure from each end also a PM departure
    I have not tried the boat but it sounds the most adventurous method. See Wikitravel website which says travel time is 4 to 5 hours fare20 to30 .
    If this is your first time to Cambodia, a word of warning. You could end up an addict like me. 8 visits in 2 years and 4 weeks off Number 9, Happy visit, Frank

• kenyneo's Profile Photo

by kenyneo Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Thanks guys they are really cool and useful tips ...I shall bear that in mind ..
    while I know Cambodia is a beautiful places ...I have lots of other destinations that I need to cover first ...like Buenos Aires-Pantagonia, California-Oregon, Romania-Austria-Hungary, Sweden-Norway-Denmark, South Africa, Japan, Nepal and the list keeps growing lol

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines