Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location
kenningst's Profile Photo

From Siem Reap to Bangkok

by kenningst Online Now Dec 9, 2007 at 1:09 AM

Hi All,

I am planning to travel from Siem Reap to Bangkok via bus. I read somewhere that I will have to take a bus from Siem Reap to Poipet (get my stamp into Thailand) then take a motorcycle to Aranyaprathet and then from here I take a bus to Bangkok. Few questions here

1) Is it easy and convenient to travel the route above?

2) Where in Siem Reap should I buy the bus ticket to Poipet and how much is the cost? How long is this journey?

3) How much is the cost of taking a bus from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok? How long is this journey?

4) Are there busses that goes direct from Siem Reap all the way to Bangkok? Is yes, any recommended bus companies?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • meggy88's Profile Photo

Re: From Siem Reap to Bangkok

by meggy88 Online Now Dec 9, 2007 at 1:45 AM

go to the tales of asia website as it will give you all details about the trip from BKK to SRP via bus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: From Siem Reap to Bangkok

by zenman41 Online Now Dec 9, 2007 at 6:56 AM

if i were u i would fly it.i flew there and bak in about 2003.i spoke to a guy and his son who had both jus bused it from bangkok and he said he would have flown if he had known how uncomfortable it was.sometimes its better to spend a bit and avoid a bum turnin into concrete lol,all the best siam reep is cool...m

• reeya's Profile Photo

by reeya Online Now Dec 10, 2007 at 12:16 AM

We did the overland years ago as per Tales of Asia instructions. There were no budget airlines flying then. Passenger bus to Aranyaprathet (3hrs). Crossed over to the border by tuktuk, gained entry at Poipet and negotiated a taxi for the long ride to Siem Reap (5hrs I think). The taxi operators are real hustlers so another hurdle is not getting ripped off for the taxi fare.We slept most of the trip to Siem Reap so we didn't feel much of the bumpy, dusty ride.

• mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now Dec 10, 2007 at 6:20 AM

Agree with the Tales of Asia website for the latest info. If the conditions are the same as 2 years ago, I don't recommend doing it overland. It's not a comfortable trip, dusty road in Cambodia, the bus company isn't reliable, the van breaks down easily with almost no air conditioning. We had to open the windows to get some fresh air (and lots of dusts), and it wasn't good because the seats don't have head rests - not fun for a 12+ hours ride! I paid13 for the ride all the way to BKK. I really don't recommend it unless you are really on a budget. You can save your money elsewhere.

• anoum's Profile Photo

by anoum Online Now Dec 20, 2007 at 5:40 AM

I travelled from Siem Reap to Bkk on 13 Dec 2007. It is common for the buses to begin the journey late. We bought our tickets for US$12 from Angkor Gate Services. We were told the bus is a direct service (true) and AC (false). We were picked up fr our guesthouse late and then had to wait for the bus wh was late bec it had a puncture. So we began at 9.30 am instead of 8 am. The whole journey is along a very dusty route (wear a mask) but not very bone-shaking.There is no toilet on all the buses on this route but our driver stopped twice before the border. We were in Poipet before 4 pm. We just walked across to the Thai side and showed our bus tickets to people waiting there with clean, very nice vans that took us to Bkk without extra charges. We stopped for dinner and reached Bkk at 9 pm that night. A good experience! Buy your tickets more cheaply from Kim Teung Guest House,National Road, Siem Reap.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines