Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location

Apsara Dance

by kirsten2004 Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 12:19 AM

Hi

I would like to watch the Apsara Dance performance in Siem Reap.
Would anyone recommend some restaurant that serves good food AND good Apsara performance at an affordable price?

I know there are many restaurant/guesthouse that offer buffet cum Apsara dance, but most are tourist traps.
Need your help to identify the good ones

Thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Apsara Dance

by cigarettebarbie Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 3:42 PM

there's this one major restaurant that was recommended on the guidebook. i can't remember its name now. it's like a buffet with aspara dance. the going rate was 20 or 25usd (if i remember it correctly), but ask your guesthouse. ours' said they could get it at a 5usd discount. i did not go for one though

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Apsara Dance

by kirsten2004 Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 11:58 PM

Thanks, but would need a restaurant with a name, preferably good restaurants. Did anyone watched Apsara dance and really loved the food + dance altogether?

• Homanded's Profile Photo

Re: Apsara Dance

by Homanded Online Now Mar 31, 2007 at 7:26 AM

If you'll visit our Cambodia page: "Old Campuchia" - Cambodia by Homanded
    we've recomended the Angkor Modial restaurant and show under "things to do". We highly enjoyed the show as well as the food. You will get tons to eat at the all you can eat buffet and the service is impeccable.
    If you are staying at the Bopha Angkor hotel, you'll be granted special VIP seating right up front.

• rainbowseeker's Profile Photo

by rainbowseeker Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 12:31 PM

I think you may be setting your sights too high. I have attended dance performances at two venues ( can't remember where) Both were enjoyable but then I went to see the dance rather than look for haut cuisine. The Apsara's are only part of the programme.There are several dances depicting country life which are quite charming and humorous. Buffets were good but it is difficult to do justice to both food and dance as the two tend to run in parallel. Cost was12 on both occasions. I think they fall into your tourist trap category but then we are tourists after all.
    On the cultural front I think I favour the Puppet shows at La Noria (see my Siem Reap page.

• cheezecake_deli's Profile Photo

by cheezecake_deli Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 9:45 PM

We went to Koulen II restaurant on Sivatha Boulevard for an Apsara dance show with buffet dinner in February 2007. Paid USD12 per person, which is half the price for an equivalent experience at the Raffles Grand Hotel D'Angkor. See Phumi Siem Reab Things to Do Tips by cheezecake_deli for details.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines