Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location
Yasuo-ms's Profile Photo

How much time is enough in Siem Reap / Angkor?

by Yasuo-ms Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Hi!!

We're a group of friends arriving in Siem Reap on the 6th of April at 07:00 in the morning. We're thinking of staying in Siem Reap / Angkor until the 8th at around 15:00. Basically we're spending almost 3 days, 2 nights.

We would like to know if this is enough time to get to know most of the Angkor complex. After this we head for Hanoi, Vietnam. However we don't want to buy plane tickets until we've decided how much time we should spend.

We would also like to know if 2 days are enough to visit Angkor. If it is maybe we would save a day for our Vietnam visit.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • thedouglas's Profile Photo

RE: How much time is enough in Siem Reap / Angkor?

by thedouglas Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Passes to the temple are for 1, 3 or 7 days - and most people buy the 3 day pass. Just depends on how much of a temple tragic you are! You can't see it all in 3 days - there are plenty of outlying places to visit. I've been twice for 3 days, and would consider this my minimum.

So many great places to visit - enjoy your holiday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xuessium's Profile Photo

RE: How much time is enough in Siem Reap / Angkor?

by xuessium Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 6:51 PM

HI! Michael:

Yeah, more or less echo-ing Theresa there - you can't see EVERYTHING in 3 days. The complex is spread across a number of areas. With just 2 nights stay, you could do well to see Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Ta Promph, The Bayon, catch a sunrise or sunset on Phnom Bakheng and maybe even an outlying visit to Bantaey Srei.

Have a page on Angkor Wat if you care to take a look and see if the tips are any useful.

• Re: How much time is enough in Siem Reap / Angkor?

by cigarettebarbie Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 3:44 PM

in my opinion, though you cant see everything in 3 days, you would want to complete everything by the third day. we were so tired of the repititive wats by the second day. of course, the merciless heat didnt help either. i would say that 3d2n is sufficient.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines