Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location
kph100's Profile Photo

Angkor in June.

by kph100 Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 3:30 PM

Hi
Were in singapore for 10 days start of June and considering a 2 night stay in Siem reap to see angkor wat.
I know its getting towards wet season then, would this totally affect a trip not making it worthwhile ?
Thks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • thedouglas's Profile Photo

RE: Angkor in June.

by thedouglas Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 3:52 PM

......I've only been there in the dry season - and, I must say, I would like to go back in the wet season, and see the temples with water around them - I do know that there is such a thing as too wet though! Wet season has never bothered me in Asia - the heat can be abysmal though........ You may also be disappointed with only 2 days to see Angkor Wat - as a 3 day pass seems to be just enough for us.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xuessium's Profile Photo

RE: Angkor in June.

by xuessium Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 6:46 AM

HI! Ian:

Even during the monsoons, there will be periods of dryness. It may also rain in the morning and the dry off in the afternoon or vice versa. It takes the worse of luck to run smack into the most dreaded part of a monsoon - days and days of rain and to make things interesting, floods!

Though I doubt the temple complexes would be flooded. But the Great Lake - Tonle Sap will swell and the houses all become instant boat-houses.

• cheapskate's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Angkor in June.

by cheapskate Online Now Feb 23, 2006 at 11:52 AM

It's tough predicting the weather.. i was in Cambodia in late may last year.. and it was raining everyday where i was in Cambodia before going to Siem Reap. But i spent about 4days in SR.. 3days out of 4 were really sweltering.. The rain does good in bringing down the temperature though...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines