Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location

What is the Pavillon Indochine like?/ PRIVATE taxi to PP

by Muminjapan Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 12:18 AM

Hi there!
Off to SR in a few weeks looked on the web at this hotel looks nice and has a pool! Has anyone stayed there?
Is it too far out from the action , the book say close to Angkor Wat?
Arriving at night will get up early and do the 3 day pass to Angkor then onto PP by boat or PRIVATE TAXI any idea how much and how long this would take to get to PP.
Cheers.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ellsasha's Profile Photo

RE: What is the Pavillon Indochine like?/ PRIVATE taxi to PP

by ellsasha Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 8:12 AM

I just stayed at the Pavillon Indochine last month and had a very pleasant stay there. I paid32 (including breakfast and taxes) for the "Catherine Deneuve" room in the traditional Khmer house, I believe that rooms in the new lodge wing cost about55 a night. The swimming pool is on the small side, but clean and is well maintained. My room had a safe, a/c, fan, and a mosquito net as well as very basic traditional khmer furniture. The bed linen was clean. The bathroom was disappointing (it had a thatched roof) which while helping keep the room cool did allow a few insects to come in. I took my own towels with me, but they are provided if you want to use theirs. I believe that the other rooms in the traditional house have regular bathroom roofs. This traditional setting with a beautiful garden in front suited me, however, if you want a sparkling modern bathroom you might want to consider staying in the new lodge. Most of the staff are friendly. The restaurant is OK, they do an excellent fish curry. I had a driver for the week, which cost20 a day for trips to the immediate area, more for trips that were further out. The driver was excellent, a very safe driver, considerate and kind. I also used a very knowledgeable guide for a couple of days. If you are interested in contact information for either e-mail me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ellsasha's Profile Photo

by ellsasha Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 10:43 AM

I forgot to mention that the Pavillon is a short drive out of town about 4 mins by car, if you want to be close to good eating/drinking places, somewhere in the center of SR might suite you better.

• Homanded's Profile Photo

by Homanded Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 9:34 PM

Hello there, you will enjoy your upcoming trip to Siem Reap...it truly is an incredible place.
    We stayed at the Bopha Ankgor Hotel (link on our travel pages of Cambodia). They had a wonderful restaurant, was very affordable and within walking distance to a couple of shows and other dining establishments.
    We hired a driver for20.00/day who was prompt in picking us up early in the day, dropping us off at the hotel in afternoon to give us a break and swim/shower to cool off. He would pick us back up in evening and either take us out for dinner or, to catch sunset.
    We paid an additional5.00USD for a trip to the "Women's Temple" about 30 mins further from Angkor.

• RE: RE: What is the Pavillon Indochine like?/ PRIVATE taxi to PP

by Muminjapan Online Now Feb 16, 2006 at 2:33 AM

Thanks for the great information!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines