Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location

Boat travel from SR to PP

by kitabaru Online Now Jan 15, 2006 at 8:54 PM

We are seeking info on boat travel from SR to PP -
Questions -
1. Where to purchase tickets,price, depart/arrive times, etc. ?
2. Travel date will be 27 April, will there be enough water in Tonle Sap Lake for boat travel at this time of the year ??
All info gratefully received.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Boat travel from SR to PP

by rithsvay Online Now Jan 16, 2006 at 4:27 PM

You can buy tickets in a traveloffice everywhere on the street.
    The price is USD 25,- (but ask in more offices, sometimes you can buy it cheaper).
    Depature is 07.00 AM, arriving arround 13.00 am (depends on the boat speed).

April is in the hot season it's possible that the boat is not able to go because of the low water. (Rain season is from june till oktober, than there is a lot of water to go by boat).

Good luck
    Rith

1. Where to purchase tickets,price, depart/arrive times, etc. ?
    2. Travel date will be 27 April, will there be enough water in Tonle Sap Lake for boat travel at this time of the year ??

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • batgirl1001's Profile Photo

RE: Boat travel from SR to PP

by batgirl1001 Online Now Jan 17, 2006 at 8:00 PM

It all depends on if there is rain during April. Normally dry season. If not, you have only 2 alternatives of travel and that is flying or going by bus. Flying will take 45 mins and by bus 6-7 hours. Both methods of travelling are quite comfortable.

I won't recommend going by boat even if they persuade you and tell you that it is okay. This is because water levels change day by day. And if you do get stuck, then it becomes a huge problem and will cause long delays.

Should you still want to try, you can buy your tickets from your own hotel/guesthouse or through a travel agent. Prices are23-$25.

• RE: RE: Boat travel from SR to PP

by rithsvay Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 4:07 AM

Iám staying now for a long time in Siem Reap and have seen many tourist going by boat from SR to PP and VV. I have many people who wrote me a mail that it was very nice. I have never seen of heard of some problems, so........

Only at the end of the dry season (april) you cannot go by boat, but they will tell you that. Ask more travel agencies about the price, that can be sometimes 2 or 3 USD different.

Rith

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines