Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location
Steve237's Profile Photo

Looking for a reasonably priced cool hotel in Siem Reap

by Steve237 Online Now Sep 13, 2004 at 4:39 AM

Hi everyone, My freind and I are planning our trip from Bangkok to Cambodia to Vietnam and want to get some ideas of nice hotels to look for when we arrive at the various points on our journey... We want to be where all the action is, in a reasonably priced clean hotel, in an area where we can get advice and tips from fellow travellers. Any recommendations for a cool place to stay in Phnom Pehn would be greatly appreciated! The same goes for Phnom Pehn, Bangkok and HCMC (Saigon) Many thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Looking for a reasonably priced cool hotel in Siem Reap

by patricials Online Now Sep 13, 2004 at 6:33 AM

Hi I stayed in Hotel California in Phnom Pehn - not the cheapest but clean, friendly, good location.20 (view on river). In Siam Reap at the Red Piano - similar,16. they have a friendly restaurant nearby as well. If those prices are OK with you I definitely recommend them. Google search for them as right now I don't have the details...they both have webpages. Patricia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Steve237's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Looking for a reasonably priced cool hotel in Siem Reap

by Steve237 Online Now Sep 13, 2004 at 7:33 AM

Thank you Patricia!

• Melisin's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a reasonably priced cool hotel in Siem Reap

by Melisin Online Now Sep 20, 2004 at 3:47 AM

Hi Steve, Just be aware that: Whatever hotel name you give to the taxi driver in Vietnam, they take you to the hotel from where they get commision.. So we were helpless in vietnam by getting our hotel. Finally we had to accept what they offered after losing our times with the driver. For example we booked for the hotel named Lucky. But they took us to another hotel named Tulin. When I told them that this is not the hotel we are looking for, he directly lies that Tulin means Lucky in Vietnamese.. It is funny and very stupid.. Just dont be so aggressive with them.. we stayed in Earthwalkers hotel in Siem Reap. It was about 11 dollars (they make discount if you make reservation online). It is the most beautiful, peaceful hotel in our Asia 2004 tour. It is little bit far away from the center but in any case you have to hire tuk tuk to go to the temples... I hope this information helps.. good luck, melisin

• ErinM's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a reasonably priced cool hotel in Siem Reap

by ErinM Online Now Sep 23, 2004 at 6:51 PM

Hello, I have travelled to Vietnam and Cambodia for business, so I stayed in the nicer end hotels, but it will give you an idea. While in Hanoi I stayed at the Hilton (by the Opera house). It is walking distance to everything and was about80 to100 USD. While in Phnom Pehn I stayed at the Mi Casa. Beautiful hotel, close to everything, right on the river and it was about90 -100 USD. Hope it gives you an idea.

• jb607's Profile Photo

RE: Looking for a reasonably priced cool hotel in Siem Reap

by jb607 Online Now Sep 12, 2005 at 4:17 PM

For Siem Reap I used http://www.angkorhotels.org/index.php to book my hotel and was very pleased with the service.

I chose the Green Garden Guest House (angkorhotels.org/Green_Garde... and thought it was good value for the money in a very nice setting. Reasonably convenient (nothing's very far apart in SR) but not in the heart of all the noise etc around the Old Market.

The restaurant at the Chao Say Guesthouse in the Old Market area is a favorite of mine -- good food and very nice staff.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

jb

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines