Phumi Siem Reab Travel Answers

change location
Ramonq's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Siem Reap

by Ramonq Online Now Dec 6, 2003 at 9:25 PM

Do these10-20 recommended by VT'ers have showers and toilets? Which one has the best value for money (amenities against cost)?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • stedeb's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Siem Reap

by stedeb Online Now Dec 6, 2003 at 9:42 PM

I don't know if you have checked out my recomendation for Sieam Reap but we stayed at Ta Som Guest House we paidUS5 for a fan cooled twin bedded room with hot and cold water shower. We found the GH to be very clean, don't be put off by the front yard!!! The family that run it are friendly they also organised our ferry tickets back to PP and a guide and transport to the temples. There is no breakfast included but we ate in the courtyard with the family. It is located on HWY 6 there is internet cafe next door and on the other side is a good little restaurant. The gh is in walking distance to the markets shops etc. We would not hesitate to stay there again. Hope this is helpful. I think their air con rooms areUS10. Hope this is helpful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jrs1234's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Siem Reap

by jrs1234 Online Now Dec 7, 2003 at 4:08 AM

Hi - personally I thought the 15 dollars a night I paid for the Funan Angkor Palace in the Old Market area was pretty good value - shower, toilet, air-con and cable tv all in the price. See my tip for all the info: virtualtourist.com/m/19c53/1... You pay a bit more for accomodation in the Old Market area, but there are some nice bars to visit in the evening and the market itself is a good place to buy souvenirs...... Cheers, Jeremy

• johnmi's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Accommodation in Siem Reap

by johnmi Online Now Jan 4, 2004 at 12:59 PM

There are plenty of guesthouses with private bathroom for3-4.....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines