change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling with a 12 yr old | Vegetarian food

Siem Reap Aug 20, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Hello VT,

My wife and I intend to travel to Siem Reap in November with our 12 year old son. It would be a dedicated Angkor Wat visit, want to spend most of the time, about 4 days, at the temple complex during the daytime.

The best way for us to get there seems to be a flight into SR from Bangkok, but some of them do not reach in day times. Is it ok to reach in late evening or at night?

We would want to stay in a happening active neighbourhood where we could entertain ourselves and the child in the evenings. Stepping out on the street and wandering about town are actually fine, so we are a little apprehensive of the larger hotels/properties. On the flip side, larger hotels possibly have better in-compound activities from a child's point of view. So suggestions would be welcome about the choice of hotel.

We are lacto-vegetarians and are somewhat concerned about the ease of finding our kind of food. We have never traveled in SE Asia, except Sri Lanka where it was tough finding vegetarian food. I have heard that vegans are either frowned upon or are rendered a laughing stock in Cambodia ;-) hence would like to know.

Any comments, suggestions to help us make the most out of our trip would be welcome.

Thanks and cheers!

- Dunyagol

more