change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mrbeobeo's Profile Photo

Camp site @ songkhla

Songkhla Nov 19, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Is that possible any camp site at songkhla beach.

• Tarutao Marine Park island beaches vs Koh Lipe

Southern Thailand Nov 19, 2015 at 12:12 AM

Having been to Koh Lipe a couple of times before it was transformed I now hesitate in returning.

I'm in the area (south of langkawi) and it's still (daily) raining season, but I'm wondering about which islands to the North of Koh Lipeh may be alternatives.

Have you been to Koh Kradan and is it affordable and are the waters as clear as Koh Lipe's? Koh Muk?
      I've passed by those islands on my way from Lipeh to Krabi and seen extremely small islands where I question its safety (in case of another tsunami).

Please suggest, and elaborate on some island from your personal experience.

• fizzer67's Profile Photo

Mid 40's solo male travelling to Koh Samui

Ko Samui Nov 11, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Hi there, I'm travelling back to Koh Samui Dec 04 and it will be solo this time. I'm fine during the day but could anyone recommend where to go at night in the Chaweng/Lamai area? Chilled bars are fine as I don't want to be labelled with all those guys who want young girls.

• ulm168's Profile Photo

Ko Phangan Nov 5, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Transport to krabi

Krabi Nov 27, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Hi, Did any one know how to travel form ko nang kham to Krabi and the price. Do i have to take a minibus to trang then take ak train to krabi?

Kayaking package

Krabi Nov 27, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Hi, i was thinking to take a tour package kayak at krabi. I just know that a lot of different package are available. It is available at any island or only at certain island. Do i have to booking?

• AcrossOceans's Profile Photo

Airport to town fare

Surat Thani Nov 27, 2015 at 2:06 AM

I will be landing in Surat Thani airport in a few days time and I would appreciate anyone who can tell me - more or less - the taxi fare into town.
      Thank you.

• Drayman151's Profile Photo

Nice Accommodation koh samui

Ko Samui Nov 22, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Hi folks

were looking for some nice clean comfortable well located accommodation in koh samui would anyone be able to recommend this please thanks

• I need a travel info for going to Khao Sok

Surat Thani Nov 27, 2015 at 6:47 AM

Hi travelers,
      I am traveling from Trang to Khao Sok?Is there a direct bus from Trang to Khao Sok or I need to go first to Surat Thani?If I reach Surat Thani between 17-18 h are there taxis or tuk tuk to Khao Sok and what will be the price?Is it easy and safety for doing this travel tour from Trang to Khao Sok?Thanks a lot for your help.

Using motocycle

Hat Yai Nov 20, 2015 at 5:39 PM

hello there, i am going to hat yai this december with my brother. And we are planning to rent a motocycle. Can it be a convenient to getting around? Is it safe? We prefer not to take tuk tuk because we like to discover hat yai by ourselves and we are in budget.

Your advice are very helpful

• ulm168's Profile Photo

Room near Lomprayah Bus station

by ulm168 Online Now Oct 25, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Can any VTer advise on hotel room near Lomprayah bus station? Want to catch the 10am bus from downtown HKT to Samui on Oct 31. Many thnks!

1 Answer Oct 25, 2015 at 1:29 PM
    • James Bond Island In October.

by Adlon Online Now Oct 1, 2015 at 9:46 PM

I want to know that, Is October month is safe for in Phuket, because me and my friends are coming in 17th October and we want to go James bond Island, so my question is here, Is it safe in October?

9 Answers Oct 5, 2015 at 2:53 AM
    • Places to see from Phuket - 20 day holiday

by AmandaHW Online Now Sep 26, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Hi there!
      My fiancé and I are going to be visiting Phuket for the first time in late Jan for our wedding and honeymoon. We are staying in Kamala for 10 days then we have 10 days unplanned at this point. We were thinking of staying around Phuket as we don't want to spend a lot of time traveling around or trying to do/see too much. The main thing is to have a relaxing holiday- snorkelling, privacy, some sightseeing, chilling out, scenic views- but equally we don't want to miss out on any 'must sees'! There's just so much to choose from and we can't do them all (without exhausting ourselves)!
      We definitely plan to see Phang Nga Bay but other than that, we were thinking : Koh Lanta, Krabi, Koh Racha, Ko Yao Noi/Yai, khao lak, Similan Islands, James Bond Island Tour?
      We were considering splitting the last 10 days between two places such as Krabi and Khao Lak? Or is that too much traveling? Or should we just stay in one place for the rest of the 10 days? Maybe a place that is convenient to do some of the trips on our short list? Would Cape Panwa or the east coast of Phuket be a good choice?
      Thank you so much for your answers in advance!

5 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 11:34 PM
    • Searching for a nice place to stay

by dorothyd Online Now Sep 14, 2015 at 12:17 PM

My boyfriend and I will be staying in Phuket for four nights in January before going to Trat to teach. We have been researching hotels, but I am trying to figure out where the best location would be to stay. Could anyone offer suggestions? We are trying to fit in as much as possible into our time in Phuket without being too overwhelmed (we still want some time to relax on the beach or elsewhere).

8 Answers Sep 30, 2015 at 11:45 PM
    • What are the must sees in Phuket?

by dorothyd Online Now Sep 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM

I will be teaching in Trat for 12 weeks at the beginning of next year. I have Fri-Sun each weekend to travel and explore. Phuket is definitely on my list of places I need to visit while in Thailand. Can anyone offer me some advice on what I should do or see while I am in Phuket?

5 Answers Oct 27, 2015 at 4:06 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Help please... BEST BEACHES

by poepat Online Now Sep 10, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Help please..... we shall be visiting Phuket for the first time mid January 2016 and would like advice about the best beaches.
      We dont want to go to Patong as we think it will be to busy.....
      Ideally we would like nice white sand..calm seas and plenty of local bars.
      We have been thinking of karon or kata but have seen bad reviews about dirty beaches...
      Many thanks...POEPAT

6 Answers Oct 27, 2015 at 4:02 AM
    • Which 3 Star hotel is best on Patong Beach, Phuket?

by Adlon Online Now Aug 20, 2015 at 3:24 AM

Can any body tell me which 3 Star hotel is best on Patong Beach, Bcoz me and my friend wants to stay so does any body have experience in good 3 Star hotel so plz tell me.

1 Answer Aug 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • ATV and Rafting Phang Nga

by BiancaR Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip to phuket and wish to book an ATV and rafting tour, specifically the one in the link below at Phang Nga. It seems very expensive, and I was wondering if anyone in Phuket currently (or lately) knows how much I can book this tour in phuket instead of online.
      Its 5Km white water rafting and 3hrs ATV in Phang Nga (inc transfers).

Thank you,

• bmwz-4-life's Profile Photo

New Zealander seeking travel partner for Patong beach Thailand.

by bmwz-4-life Online Now Aug 11, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Seeking travel partner to visit Patong beach Thailand, around late october i will be leaving New Zealand write me back if interested.

4 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 4:17 AM
    • bfcebra's Profile Photo

female traveling solo week of August 14th

by bfcebra Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 10:26 AM

hello! I'm a single 48 yr young female, heading to Phuket, Patong area on August 14 for a week.
      looking for other solo travelers, that are interested in tours, sightseeing, hiking, fun, etc. let me know if anyone will be there!

2 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 5:04 PM
    • Which island is best one Phi Phi Island or James Bond Island?

by Adlon Online Now Aug 4, 2015 at 4:01 AM

I want to go one of them island so can any body tell me which island is best for enjoy Phi Phi Island or James Bond Island?

12 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 8:41 AM
    • Deposit system for renting a motorbike

by latif2410 Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Hello everyone,

I read on the internet that if I want to rent a motorbike in Phuket, I should leave my passport as the guarantee (deposit or something like that). And because passport is a very important travel documents, is there's any other way to make a deposit / guarantee ?

Thanks! :) I'll be staying in Patong area for 5 nights..

7 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 5:44 PM
    • What to do and what t wear

by Pani Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 5:09 AM

Hi every one! We are going to go to phuket in 2 weeks and we are going to stay at Grand Mercure Hotel. I wanted to know what to pack for my trip( specially if there is any dress code ) and what to do during our stay in Phuket ! Thanks

5 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 11:57 PM
    • shinyshine's Profile Photo

Pocket Money for Phuket

by shinyshine Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 8:40 PM

How much money do I need to bring for a 5 days trip to Phuket? (excluding the hotel and flights which have already been paid) thanks!

11 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 7:03 PM
    • shinyshine's Profile Photo

Anybody traveling to Phuket?

by shinyshine Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Hi! Who's going to travel to Phuket on August 15 to 20? :)

2 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 1:39 PM
    • Ferry Boat Fares from Phuket To Phi Phi Island.

by Adlon Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Me and my friend are travelling to Phuket in next week, so i want to know how much returned fares Ferry boat from phuket to Phi Phi Island.

2 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 7:23 PM
    • Local bands for our Corporate event guests

by aadi.taurus14 Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Hi! We are a event organizing agency in India. We are taking 120 pax (our esteemed clients) to Phuket for an offsite. Everything else is planned. But are falling short of entertainment acts for their recreation. Kindly suggest some good local bands in Phuket whom we could contact and include in our itinerary.

P.S - We are looking at creating an experience for our clients. Would like to have all the options for the same.

Please help me with some links or profiles also, if any..

• mickey.p's Profile Photo

Tour Companies?

by mickey.p Online Now Jul 18, 2015 at 10:45 AM

I am in Phuket and I am looking to do an Islands tour but wanting recommendations on tour companies to use. Some reviews say that some companies are better timed with arriving at certain islands and others arrive when the islands are crowded etc. I believe the speed boat tours are better? Spoke to a local tour place today and she gave me James Bond by Speedboat that includes 6 islands in total for 1900Baht pp. The leaflet says but when I visit this site it doesn't show the tour offered!
      we are 2 adults and 2 x 16 year olds.

Any feedback?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2015 at 1:52 AM
    • First Time to Phuket 7 Days 6 Nights

by Nuttela Online Now Jul 7, 2015 at 1:13 AM

Dear VT Members,

I had done research on places I want to go while in Phuket but still find it difficult to arrange it. This is my first time ti Phuket. Would very much appreciate your great assistance on this.

My parents and I arrive Phuket on 17th July 5am. We will proceed to the hotel to check-in (I book the room from 16th July). Rest for half a day before we explore Phuket.

We will be in phuket from 17th July until 23rd July (7D6N), staying at Tony Resort for 4 nights and for the rest of the nights, have not decided where to stay. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Shall we stay in Kata beach ?

These are the places we want to go/do:
      a) 1/2 day city tour
      b) 1 day phi phi island
      c) 1/2 day James Bond (is half day enough?)
      d) Weekend market
      e) Robinson Shopping Mall
      f) Jungceylon
      g) Fantasea show
      h) Siam Niramat / Simon Cabaret Show --> I couldn't decide which one should we watch
      i) Elephant Trekking --> is this worth to do ? Both my parents are at age 60.
      j) Any recommendation for shrine that we shall visit ?

Or if you have other places to recommend ?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

7 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 11:03 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

by poepat Online Now Jul 6, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Hi, We will be flying into Krabi in the middle of January 2016 and have ten days to plan before flying out of Phuket. This will be our first time in these areas and would like a little guidance for us to make our choice of suitable itinerary.
      We would like to split the time between the two areas and would like suggestions of suitable locations.
      We basically want real nice beaches, sea good for snorkelling, good beach food shacks / restaurants.
      We don't want loads of discos, clubs, drunken raves, but do enjoy a good walk round local bars.
      Can anyone give us some ideas. We don't mind catching ferries from Krabi but don't want to spend our time hopping.
      So ideally it will be two locations satisfying what we want.
      Many thanks all in advance

• Felicia.23's Profile Photo

Phuket for 10 days? Alone?

by Felicia.23 Online Now Jul 3, 2015 at 10:15 PM

is phuket safe for a solo female traveler.. I am 23.. I planned to stay there for 10days and just enjoy the view.. The sea.. Is 20000 baht enough??

11 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 12:17 AM
    • Phuket or Phi Phi or Krabi

by rachit14nov Online Now Jun 30, 2015 at 5:20 AM

We are 3 friends and planning for a trip to phuket form 17th july to 20th july.

how many days shall we plan for phuket and how many for krabi or phi phi.

how is the night life in phi phi or krabi?

can we plan like. 17th - 19th in phuket and leaving for phi phi on 19th and krabi on 20th and then flight from krabi?

we want to experience scuba diving too. So, which is the best place for scuba diving? krabi or phi phi?

4 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 1:04 AM
    • Shopping malls/ Night markets

by lolasparklejugs Online Now Jun 27, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Hello! I would like to ask about the distance/time taken for me to travel from Renaissance Hotel and Spa Phuket to the nearest shopping mall(s) and night markets?

Also, which ones you would recommend for someone visiting for the first time and only over the weekend :) Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 4:03 PM
    • First time to Phuket: Needed 6D5N Itinerary

by Nuttela Online Now Jun 24, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Hi VT members, I'm planning to bring my parents, both are in their early 60s, to Phuket for 6D5N. The first day, will reach there late afternoon. Would very much appreciate if you can help with arranging the 6D5N itinerary and with places to stay.

My budget, inclusive of sight seeing, meals, hotels and transport is about 20,000 - 25,000 bath. Please advice if with this kind of budget is enough.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you in advance.

5 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 5:47 PM
    • keisash's Profile Photo

itinerary Help

by keisash Online Now Jun 20, 2015 at 1:07 AM

I am planing to visit phuket for 7 days can you help me in planing my itinerary?

6 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 4:17 AM
    • VickyC14's Profile Photo

solo woman trip

by VickyC14 Online Now Jun 18, 2015 at 10:13 PM

hi all. i will be travelling to Phuket on my own on 7th July to 9th July. wondering if theres anyone travel alone too?

1 Answer Jun 18, 2015 at 10:40 PM
    • is there any art painting cafe in phuket

by Olivia_ong Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 11:17 PM

I am looking for a painting art café in Phuket for my coming trip July.
      café comes with drink cakes & painting services..

3 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 6:52 PM
    • Is it safe to go phuket ?

by pipio2004 Online Now Jun 7, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Consider the recent earthquake happened in Sabah, is it safe to go Phuket? Worried about Tsunami.

10 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM
    • Hotel Name?

by Xtinetherese Online Now Jun 2, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Can someone help me in finding out the name of this hotel? All I know is that it's in Phuket. Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 7:20 PM
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Accommodation Please !

by Drayman151 Online Now May 31, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Please can anyone give us some advice on where to stay in January 2016 were looking for a good clean and nice place Not to Expensive please thanks

4 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 4:10 AM