Phuket Travel Answers

change location

Sailing/Learning to sail round Phuket Thai Islands & Langkawi Dec/Jan

by charltonstrickland Online Now Aug 7, 2009 at 3:02 AM

Hi

Does anyone fancy sailing around Phuket & some of the Thai islands (James Bond Island, Phi Phi) & maybe Langkawi sometime between December 25 & January 15 & either for 1 week or 2 weeks.
You can just enjoy the sailing or undertake the following sailing courses
Competent Crew
Day Skipper

The idea is to enjoy 2 weeks sailing around Thai islands & if you want to do the course you could have 2 qualifications at the end which would enable you to either hire a yacht yourself in the future or join one of the yacht races such as The Arc as a crew member

Currently I am the one of 3 person booked on a 40 foot yacht that has 3 double cabins. The owner of the yacht would prefer to have a full boat so I thought I would see if anyone else is interested. The cost is around 1350 UK pounds per person for 2 weeks which includes food, accomodation, tuition, exam fees etc, certification etc so around 100 pounds per day. The departure & return point will be Ao Chalong in Southern Phuket

The exact dates for the 14 days are currently a little flexible as long as it is between 25 Dec & 15 Jan

The boat will be returning to Phuket after 1 week so you could join for the 1st or 2nd week if you wish at c £700 fully inclusive of food, accomodation & relevant tuition, exam fees & certification

Please let me know if this is of interest to anyone

Cheers

Charlie

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines