Phuket Travel Answers

change location

Moving arounf in Phuket

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Dear All, few questions need your help:--
(1) i am holding a valid Malaysian driving license.Does one need to hold an international driving license to drive in phuket?
(2) how much it will cost to rent a small motorbike in Phuket?
(3) (Not a very fair question, though) Are traffic in Phuket easy to manage ? Compared to Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Moving arounf in Phuket

by davidjo Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Traveling in the Phuket traffic is easy compared to KL and Bangkok.
    http://www.motorbikehireinphuket.com/ bikes from 150 B a day
    And the rental company is not too bothered about what license you have, as there are 1000's of tourists renting bikes with licenses from their own countries.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Moving arounf in Phuket

by xymmot Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Your Malay license will do, I rented a car to drive my parents around Phuket for 30 usd and was fine driving around because there is only one coastal road that goes up and down the coast. Trafic was easy unless you cross the mountain into town, but still, not to bad. A motor scooter will cost about 200 bahts a day and will save money on petrol. I like the scooter better than a car so I can hop on and off anytime. Traffic is a dream compare to KL and Bangkok cheers tommy x

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Moving arounf in Phuket

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Thank you very much for your advice. I just came back from Phuket and Phi Phi island and have thoroughly enjoy the trip. Many tips like the one you gave through VT have been proven to be very useful . Thanks again.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines