Phuket Travel Answers

change location

From Phuket Airport to Phi Phi Ferry

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM

My wife and I will arrive in Phuket at 7.30am. We will stay in Phi Phi for the first two nights. Assuming there will be ferry from Phuket at about 2;30pm. My questions are:--
(1) The departing point for ferry is Rasada Pier? Is this a place very close to Phuket town?
(2) Do we travel directly from airport to Rasada Pier OR do we have to take a trip into patong and from there on go to (Phuket ) Rasada pier?
(3) From Airport to Rasada Pier: What are the various types of transports available: Taxi (most expensive?) , mini bus ( will it take a long log time to gather enough passenger from airport to Pier or it will be faster to take mini bus into Patong and from there take another transport to phuket or Pier?)
(4) likely cost of various mode s of transport
(5) Do i book ferry ticket at the pier or at the airport/
(6) Assuming that the ferry will depart at 2:30 pm and I still have plenty of time on hand >>>> Is is convenient for me to tour places like Phuket ? is so : Any good things to see there , please.
Many thanks for the helps.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Lipee's Profile Photo

Re: From Phuket Airport to Phi Phi Ferry

by Lipee Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

1) Yes, it´s Rassada Pier and it´s located close to Phuket Town.

2) You shall go direct to the pier. It takes 45 min by taxi.

3) Taxi is most common. It might be difficult to find a minibus to share.

4) Taxi 800 THB

5) You can buy it at the pier. Price 480 THB one way.

6) As you see you have a lot of time if you take the 2.30pm ferry. There is another ferry at 1.30pm as well. You can stroll around in Phuket Town a couple of hours before going to the pier with another taxi.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: From Phuket Airport to Phi Phi Ferry

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 4:56 AM

i would like to salute you for these very clear answers. Many thanks, i now know what to do .

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines