Phuket Travel Answers

change location
aortser's Profile Photo

Which beach (and accommodation) at Phuket

by aortser Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hi,

I would like to travel to Phuket for the first time for around one week in March. I would go on my own. However I am starting to research and noticed that it is a quite big island so I wonder which beach to choose.

What I am looking for is a beautiful beach, calm but at the same time with lively nightlife where I don't need to use a motorbyke and where is easy to meet other travellers (preferably on their thirties). Which beach (and accommdation near the beach) would you recommend?

Thanks for the advice!

A

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Kaaskop85's Profile Photo

Re: Which beach (and accommodation) at Phuket

by Kaaskop85 Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM

For nightlife and meeting other travellers you need to be in Patong, but that place certainly doesn't have the best beach. I red there are nicer beaches, but I don't know the names anymore.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kaaskop85's Profile Photo

by Kaaskop85 Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:45 AM

In addition about the accommodation ... it of course depends on your budget. We stayed in Club Andaman Beach Resort which was great, but I discovered it lately is renovated and the beautiful garden is gone.

• vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I think Patong has great night life, shopping area and has a beach but as the previous poster said, the beach is not the best. However, in my opinion you can choose to stay here, since if you want to enjoy night life, it is better to stay close to the night life spots. You can make day trips for the beaches and hang around till sunset and head back to Patong for the night.
    We stayed at Ibis Hotel in Patong, which was close to the beach as well as all the night life area and shopping and great restaurants.
    Have a good trip,

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Patong is the answer to your nightlife expectations. Early in the morning, you can enjoy the beach too. However, after people recover from the previous night parties, they fill the beach and it gets crazy crowded. For a more relaxing beach, you can go to Kata or Karon for example. You can check my Phuket page for some useful info.
    "Sea, Sun and Shopping" - Phuket by muratkorman

• keigo's Profile Photo

by keigo Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Patong is your answer. As above mentioned, Kata or Karon is more relaxing beaches but less night life.

• mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

beautiful beach? definitely not Patong. Kata has nicer beach and has some nightlife as well, but of course, not as crazy as Patong.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines