Phuket Travel Answers

change location

Island Hopping in Phi Phi Don

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 3:55 AM

My trip (me and my wife) to Phuket , for 4days /3nights will take place by end of this month.
Day 1; will arrive early in Phuket. We plan to cross over to Phi Phi don by the afternoon ferry, such that our first night stay will be in Phi phi island.
Day 2 will stay overnight in Phi Phi island .
Day 3: will leave for Phuket , and stay one night in Phuket. Presumably will arrive back in Phuket by about 4 or 5pm. As we will only depart from Phuket by an evening flight on day 4, therefore we will have one and half days to roam around / explore and do some light shopping in Phuket.
My question is:
We will have a little half day in D1, full day in D2, and a little half day in D3 in Phi Phi don itself. Will all these time be enough for us to do two island hopping:>>>> one is to go around small Phi Phi and Large Phi Phi, and the other is to do island tour to Phanga Island (James Bond island?)
When we firs buy the ferry ticket from Phuket to Phi Phi , will the ferry do part of the island tour, and for which can we do part of it and leave balance of it to the next day.

Many thanks for the useful answer and help.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Re: Island Hopping in Phi Phi Don

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I think the ferry you use from Phuket to Phi Phi will not make any island tour. They just arrive in the port, let the people out and get the new passengers back to Phuket. I took a diving tour in Phi Phi and it was fantastic. They also organize boat trips around the islands so you can choose a decent one. Your other option is to hire a long tail boat and you decide your destination after you bargain the price with the boat owner. You can check my Phi Phi and Phuket pages for some useful tips.
    "Sea, Sun and Shopping" - Phuket by muratkorman
    "A milestone in my life" - Ko Phi Phi Don by muratkorman

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Many thanks for the good advice, I enjoy your travel blog page. I am a retiree , and my wife and i shall be doing many travels all these while. i shall revisit your pages often to get more advice and tips. thanks again

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM

If you are a retiree, I suggest that you stay a while longer and take your time covering the island, Phi Phi, James Bond, Krabi and Phukett. since you are already paying for the airfare to get there. that is the biggest expense. When you are there, the hotels, side excursions food and drinks are cheaper than most tropical places. I think you will save more money in the long run if you stay longer and enjoy yourself and relax. It cost me 50usd to stay home in USA and in Thailand I can stay there and be waited on hand and foot LOL. They have many tour special through the agency also that you can book once you get there and it's inexpensive for two.I stay for one and could have two people stay with me for the same price, so looks like you get the 2 for one deal anyway. I make it my second honeymoon for that matter, and get extra brownie points from my misses. Throw in a game of golf too.

cheers tommy x

• Re: Island Hopping in Phi Phi Don

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Thanks for the tips. I visited your travel blog, they are wonderful. i will revist these pages when i next go for those destinations.

• Re: Island Hopping in Phi Phi Don

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Many thanks. Points taken.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines