Phuket Travel Answers

change location

Local things to do in Phuket

by Pukif Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 6:06 AM

I am planning a trip to Phuket and wanted to do things that are more of what locals do. What are some things I should see, visit and eat? Thanks in advance for your insights!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Balam's Profile Photo

Re: Local things to do in Phuket

by Balam Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 6:16 AM

The Food is a must there are Some fantastic street foods that you can not get at home! try lots of things.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 6:20 AM

check a earlier post on what to do in Phukett that I have answer for a newlywed couple that is staying there for seven days, afterwards, check the VT pages for many tips.

cheers tommy X

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I agree, eat on the street at the various stalls.
    Join the hash run which is normally held every week. You will get to meet local ex-pats and local Thais and have a lot of fun too!!!
    http://www.phuket-hhh.com/home.shtml

Visit a temple and hang out there for an hour to observe the Thai worshipers
    Have a massage.
    Watch a Thai movie at the cinema
    Try make friends with a local and hopefully you may have a chance to visit his/her home

• Kaaskop85's Profile Photo

by Kaaskop85 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Local food certainly is something you need to try. I don't know what you like, doing activities or visit cultural things. Despite that I dislike boxing and violence, we really enjoyed to see Muay Thai Boxing.

Another thing we did on Phuket was a 'jungle' tour. It was nice to see some elephants, but it's so commercial and you can't call it jungle because it's just some land along the road. There also was a show with monkeys and snakes, but I don't recommend it.

1 member found this helpful

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I kind of liked the "James Bond Rock" tour. I thought it was interesting, nice boat ride, etc. Local travel agencies can set you up with various tours, some hotels have tour desks too.    Google up James Bond Rock Phuket for more info

• Note:

Posting rocess changes any enclosed  links to VT forum only!

• Kaaskop85's Profile Photo

by Kaaskop85 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

SirHalberd wrote:

I kind of liked the "James Bond Rock" tour. I thought it was interesting, nice boat ride, etc. Local travel agencies can set you up with various tours, some hotels have tour desks too.    Google up James Bond Rock Phuket for more info

• Note:

Posting rocess changes any enclosed  links to VT forum only!

I agree that James Bond Island is nice too, but it's very touristic which is a pity. Actually I like the other places that the tours visit in Phang Nga Bay more. 

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Just because a particular attraction is popular with tourists doesn't mean it is not worthy of a visit!

• mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Head to Phuket town and go to the market next to Robinson Department Store. Lots of interesting food and things. I think that area turns into a mini night market with food stalls in the evening. Chinatown is an interesting and beautiful area to walk around. There is a Chinese Thai museum on the site of an old Chinese school.

Central Festival and Big C are 2 large shopping malls that locals and tourists go to.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines