Phuket Travel Answers

change location
RahulR's Profile Photo

How to Spend 6 Night 7 days in Phuket

by RahulR Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Hi All,

I have booked tickets for Phuket from 25th May to 31st May for my Honeymoon.

I will reach Phuket on 25th May evening around 6 pm. and return ticket is on 31st may morning 10 a.m flight. I am from India.

I have booked Deevan Patong Hotel on Patong Beach for 6night 7days.

Currently i am bit worried about will it be worth to stay in phuket for 7 days.

I am coming to Phuket 1st time and i don't want to face a situation that me and my wife getting bored after 1st 3 days. Could you guys please suggest if decision taken is correct. If yes, could you please suggest per day activity so that my honeymoon will be most memorable will create most memorable days of my life.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: How to Spend 6 Night 7 days in Phuket

by xymmot Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Phi Phi island is really close to Phuket, but you have many hoops to jump to get there because you can only get there by boat. 7 days on your honeymoon might not be enough in my opinion, but there are plenty to do on the island itself and depending in what resort you are staying in, may be you just don't want to leave. Phuket is a darling of a place and if you know how to drive a scooter, you can just venture the coast line to different beaches, sights and vistas to view. If you seem to get bored though, then go to a tour agency and book a overnight stay at PP island. About 75usd per person. They will have door to door service, so just pack your swim suits and a change of clothes and enjoy nature, go snorkeling.They pick you up at your hotel early in the morning, drive you to the ferry,the crossing will be about 1 hour and a half. When you get to the island, you just walk to the hotel and check in and you are on you own. The next island Krabi is the same distance as Phukett, that is a nice place in itself too, so once you get a taste of Phi Phi, you might want to explore even more. E-mail me if you need more info and i will watch the post and help out more if possible. Have a great trip and congrats to the newlyweds. cheers tommy x     pictures are of Phi Phi Island on top of mountain

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ChrisB157's Profile Photo

by ChrisB157 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Hey
    It depends what you're looking for, but I have to say that I wouldn't go to Patong Beach for my honeymoon. There's loads of tourists there and it can be quite seedy. Good fun for a party, but I'd be getting out of there and exploring other parts of the island. Parts of the island where you can relax/get a uniquely Thai cultural experience/go have an adventure!
    I don't think you have time to visit other islands (you don't have much time), but you could do some day trips somewhere else.
    I actually run a website, which could help you. It's called AdventureHoney.com and we connect travellers direct to the operators of adventure travel tours and activities (only in Thailand at the moment). Our experiences are curated by your fellow travellers, so it makes it a safe, fun way to search and book cool things to do.
    Even if you don't book through the site, it might help you work out some other places to go...
    Don't hesitate to contact me direct if I can help further.
    Happy travels to you and your soon to be wife! :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM

There are other beaches which you can enjoy as well as Patong. You can spend time in different beaches everyday which will make it less boring. You can take a tuk tuk or rent a scooter with your wife to go around. Plus you can have a boat ride to nearby islands such as Phi Phi. It's a special place for me as I proposed to my wife at the view point during sunset. You can see from xymmot's pictures how beautiful the panaroma is. You can check my Phi Phi page for some helpful tips and my Phuket page could also give you some ideas. Enjoy your honeymoon :)

• RahulR's Profile Photo

by RahulR Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM

xymmot,ChrisB157 and muratkorman - Thanks guys for wishes and useful info. I am planning following activities. Please suggest if i can include something more.
    may 25 day 1- reach in Phuket at 6 p.m
    may 26 day 2- phuket city tour(organised by travel agency)
    may 27 day 3 - phi phi island(organised by travel agency)
    may 28 day 4 - kontikki ( This company conduct tour for scuba diving.Self trip)
    may 29 day 5 - phang naga(fruit garden-2000baht,atv sports)
    may 30 day 6 - coral island
    may 31 day 7 - rest(back to india at 10.am)
    Please let me know if above day wise activities keep both of us engaged.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM

RahulR wrote:

xymmot,ChrisB157 and muratkorman - Thanks guys for wishes and useful info. I am planning following activities. Please suggest if i can include something more. may 25 day 1- reach in Phuket at 6 p.m may 26 day 2- phuket city tour(organised by travel agency) may 27 day 3 - phi phi island(organised by travel agency) may 28 day 4 - kontikki ( This company conduct tour for scuba diving.Self trip) may 29 day 5 - phang naga(fruit garden-2000baht,atv sports) may 30 day 6 - coral island may 31 day 7 - rest(back to india at 10.am) Please let me know if above day wise activities keep both of us engaged.

it looks like you have the trip under control and that you now have to find time to relax with your new bride.

cheers tommy x

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I have read your other post and it seems that your itenerary would be full. Since you already have the day trips out to Phi Phi island, that in itself will take two days and recovery time to relax. On your first day there when you arrive at the airport, pick up the free maps and travel guides, take several different ones too because some maps are better than others before you get in the van to the hotel., you will probably won't get to your hotel and checkin until 8pm, and if your food is included, then you probably should have dinner at the hotel. If the hotel food does not go with your taste, there are plenty of other options as there are many seafood and vegetarian places that has opened up. After seeing that your hotel is a little off the path, for me , I would give a thought about renting a scooter in the future, but since it is your first night there, a little walk out of the hotel, you will come to the center of the entertainment complex within ten minutes of walking. Leaving the hotel, just walk down the road to the main road which is second road from the beach, (look at your map and circle the areas) , TURN left and you are heading towards the entertainment section of Patong. Look to the left and right of you when you are heading that way, and you will see many food stalls and venders. When you cross the street there are seafood stalls that are large and fairly inexpensive. Check the menu and prices before you order. They will have #1 best seafood, #3 seafood, #5seafood etc. It goes on and on until you get to the center road (BANG LA ROAD) that connects the beach road and second road. Most likely the road is closed for traffic so it becomes a walking street. Take a right TURN on to the street and you will see many bars including beer bars, disco, and go go bars. To me, I wasn't shocked and bothered by this, but others might be, yet it, it is a way of life there to have this with cross dressing culture as well. When you walk through this place you must be open minded and see it as part of entertainment which you may not want to part take it. (just looking, don't touch) any way, it is just part of Phukett , hold your bride tight and the hustlers will not bother you, or just say no thank you and be polite and smile, NO. . Walk down that road towards the beach. At the end of the road, you will see the beach. If you haven't found food by then, I reccomendation is that you make a right turn at the beach road and you will see my favorite spot, the SAVOEY SEAFOOD restaurant lit up in neon lights and always attracts a tourist crowd. Check the menu and they have airconditon dining room as well if it is too hot and usually a band during dinner hour. Let's say you had dinner somewhere and you are done around 11pm...you can start your walk home and observe the crazyiness and entertainment area again. You can get your foot massage for 300 bahts,9 usd, a real treat for yourself as well as the misses and people watch if they have large windows focus on the outside activites. As you get home, you will get tired and will have to get up early for your Phuket City tour, but please note all the places you might want to return to. DAY 2 I really do not see the tour as a must see, and rather avoid Phukett town altogether and just head out to the beaches, but since it is already organized and a freebie, why not ?You probably go to Phukett town and to the markets etc. Hear a little history and on back home. On the way home you will cross the mountains and probably see how the beaches is split from the town. The weather is usually very hot in the city without the sea breeze. After you get home you can go out shopping and see the beach, and this might be a day to think about getting a scooter for the day to explore the other parts of the island beaches with the view points and Vista. If you think you might do this and skip the Phukett town tour, e-mail me that you will be skipping this and I will write you a flow chart of what to do, and where to go on the scooter for a day. Anyway, buy some souviners etc and just get a look around town if not going on a scooter. Plenty of shops and lots of souviners...but don't buy too much to carry home. it will be a burden to worry about transporting the goods.. Day 3 will take up your whole day, so just go with the flow and relax and enjoy the sights of Phi Phi island. Bring a camera with lots of film space. I also read a comment about the hotel safe, not being safe, so I would just carry my money with you in a man purse that you or your lady carry in front of you at all times with passports and cash and camera. If it is just a day tour, you will be pooped by the time you get back, i sit back, have a few beers and look over the pictures and the wonderful day you had. Day 4 said that you are on a scuba mission. that will take up your whole day till 6pm. I usually go with a outfit call SCUBA CAT on beach road, but if you are not a certified diver, you won't get to dive anyway, just look. Afternoon since your lady had the day to go out and shop herself, maybe you should treat her to a restaurant dining experience and a spa treatment.. day 5 and 6 looks all plan and day 7 you're going home and will miss all of the Phukett you haven't seen , but should have great memories as well and plan to return because you just did not have enough time there.....so you see, you will be very busy. By the way, I had a week honeymoon there also and we did return again. good luck and if you need the scooter route, let me know. cheers tommy x here are a few pictures of Phi Phi, the Savoey Seafood place and the ferry crossings

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines