Phu Quoc

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Natto5 attending slimmer

Hanoi 3 hours ago

You will attending slimmer about your waist.Natto5 Beef architecture includes afire calories actual rapidly. Anatomy tend to use energy, but fat just food it. So if you accept added muscles, you will tend to bake added activity and advance a advantageous anatomy weight added easily.In adjustment to accretion best benefits, it is not capital to body a lot of beef mass. According to study, architecture 5 pounds of beef accumulation will accomplish you convalescent and accommodate adeptness to action off disease. Just thirty account thrice a anniversary is abundant to ability your goal.

• MellySmelly's Profile Photo

Shuttle Bus/Coach Services

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 5, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Are there any shuttle buses from the Ho Chi Minh City Airport to take us to Can Tho in Vietnam.

• Ho do I get lunar days compared to solar ones ?

Vietnam Sep 25, 2015 at 2:21 AM

In Vietnam, one needs lunar days sometimes ; for example, the sensational Bao Lac Market takes place every 5, 10, 15, 20 25 et 30th lunar day. To get the equivalent solar day-lunar day, open
      The lunar days are in the bottom right corner of each box (for ex., 25 September = 13th lunar day)

• paddington28's Profile Photo

Ho chi minh mausoleum

Hanoi Sep 17, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Hi there all all,i know about the opening hours of the mausoleum and i know the mausoleum is shut for 3 months,i read to somewhere he's body is taken to moscow??
      Anyway i can't find out what months it is closed,all i get is opening hours...and would really like to visit.
      Any ideas on when it's shut?

• Bus to Da Nang

Hoi An Sep 14, 2015 at 3:02 PM

My husband and I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency in Da Nag which has a shuttle bus to Hoi An. But the last bus returns at 6PM and we would like to have dinner in Hoi An. Does anyone know if there is a bus that goes to Dan Nag in the evening?
      Thanks for your help.

• Best local Restaurants

Ho Chi Minh City Sep 9, 2015 at 6:45 AM

What are the best local restaurants in District 1? Looking for great food and service away from the tourist traps.

• How much does it cost to obtain a hard copy visa stamp from the Viet Nam Embassy in the UK?

Vietnam Oct 6, 2015 at 12:53 AM

I will be travelling by bus into Vietnam from Cambodia and therefore I require a hard copy visa stamp to show at the border crossing point. (I will be staying in Vietnam for longer than 15 days.)

Is there any way to obtain a legitimate hard copy visa stamp for Vietnam in the UK before travelling other than sending my passport to the Viet Nam Embassy in London? The website is archaic and provides no information on how much this costs.

Does anybody know exactly how much the entire process costs (recorded delivery from and to a UK address, visa stamp, fees, arbitrary charges, etc.) and, crucially, do I have any alternative?

Thank you,

• What should I do within 10 days in South East Asia?

Vietnam Oct 4, 2015 at 8:27 PM

My family has 6 people and we are going to the South East Asia at the beginning of 2016. My grandfather wants to come to Vietnam to recall about his memories in the past. He also wants to meet some old friends in the battle if it could be possible. I’ve heard that some travel agents in Vietnam could arrange a meeting with ex soldiers so if you guys have some ideal about these please kindly recommend me. Not all of my family members are young so we need comfortable accommodation and light activities. I searched on Google and saw some results of the Best Price Vietnam and I think it seems quite okay.
      What do you guys think? Thanks.

• Ho Chi Minh City or Manila

Vietnam Sep 17, 2015 at 10:47 AM

I have 5 days to spend in one of these two places.

Which one would you suggest? I don't have any particular things i am interested in - just looking to get lost for a few days. Both seem to have places to go on good day/ over night trips to escape the crowds. I really cant decide between the two.

Can anyone whos been to both help throw some light. If it helps, i have been to S.E Asia before - Thailand and Singapore. This will be just a 5-day trip from Hong Kong - so no other itinerary logistics. Also, I travel alone.

• happpymike's Profile Photo

Which city to Visit!

Vietnam Sep 26, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Hi There!
      I am very interested to visit Vietnam and It seems I have a chance this time! But I have not much time! a week
      or less!! and I dont know where is the best place to start (I mean which city)and I need help, really!
      I think it is better to chose on city or destination in Vietnam on this trip, only!

TKS in advance!

• When to visit Halong Bay

Vietnam Oct 6, 2015 at 11:37 PM

It's October now and maybe I'll have a short-time break at the end of November this year. So I think It's time for me to go and take a pleasure and my friends suggested Halong Bay in Vietnam? However, I'm wondering whether it's a good time to come? You guys please do me a favor, let me know when the best season to visit Halong is so I can appropriately schedule my plan.
      Thank you so much,

• MellySmelly's Profile Photo

shutle buses

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 5, 2015 at 6:52 AM

shuttle buses from Ho Chi Minh City Airport to center of town

hiking in Sapa

Sapa Sep 14, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Is it possible to just make my own way to Sapa from Hanoi (Train) and book my hike whilst there,or am i better of booking in Hanoi

dollars or dong

Vietnam Sep 25, 2015 at 8:16 AM

I have a chance of getting some dong tomorrow,i have 2 days worth of Dong at the moment,i don't really understand conversion rates,just want to know if i'm better of getting dollars,and changing in to dong when i arrive? Any ideas??

Near Phu Quoc

• Private apartment renting in Phu Quoc

by mngoca10 Online Now May 2, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Hi, I would like to ask whether I could rent a private apartment in Phu Quoc for 3D2N?

1 Answer May 5, 2015 at 12:16 AM
    • travelsoulja's Profile Photo

Visa On Arrival (VOA) now available in Phu Quoc

by travelsoulja Online Now Mar 17, 2015 at 10:52 PM

VOA is now available but can i get it if i take a boat from Kep? A tour agency in Kep told me they can take me to Phu Quoc via boat.

2 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 4:16 AM
    • travelsoulja's Profile Photo

Are there fireworks in PQ for new years?

by travelsoulja Online Now Dec 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Are there fireworks in PQ for new years?

1 Answer Dec 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    • Than Kieu resort

by tucunare Online Now Dec 9, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Is there somebody Whois has been there ? Pls. Quote or Tell about experience

2 Answers Dec 10, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Island entry fee to Phu Quoc?

by Chyan Online Now Dec 7, 2014 at 6:27 AM

I read somewhere which says that tourists leaving the airport area of Phu Quoc have to pay island entry fee of 20000 Dong. Is it true?

5 Answers Mar 31, 2015 at 7:10 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Motorcycles more than normal taxis in Phu Quoc?

by Chyan Online Now Dec 3, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Is it true that there are more motorcycles than car taxis in Phu Quoc? If so, is it advisable to bring along the hand luggage with wheels or just sling bag and shoulder bag? I am going on a trip that starts from Singapore to Phu Quoc before proceeding to Ho Chi Minh City and my final destination Vientiane.

18 Answers Dec 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to spend a few hours in Phu Quoc?

by Chyan Online Now Nov 29, 2014 at 2:14 AM

May I know what can I see in a few hours in Phu Quoc besides the new international airport of Phu Quoc? My flight arrives in Phu Quoc at 3.45 pm before leaving for Ho Chi Minh City after 7 pm. Is there any fish sauce or black pepper manufacturing centres open to tourists there?

37 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • jkhamburg's Profile Photo

any good (and cheap) acommodation at long co beach?

by jkhamburg Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 11:02 PM

We are elder People but still budget travellers. In mid of November we want to spend a ten days at Phu Quoc Island. Is there anyone else got some experience in a stay at Long co beach to give us a fingertip?

10 Answers Dec 22, 2014 at 2:21 AM
    • Transportation from phu quoc to koh rong (cambodia)

by Layla78 Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Hi there!
      Can anyone tell me if it is possible to go from phu quoc island to koh rong in Cambodia without returning to HCMC?
      I will be travelling alone and would prefer to use buses.. Or can you suggest another kind of transportation, safe enough for a woman travelling alone? Thanks in advance!!

2 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

better place for family with 2-year-old for one week - Phu Quoc or Mui Ne?

by crewrower Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Traveling late Jan / early Feb (the Chinese New Year). Will fly into HCMC and likely spend a couple days there. Afterwards want to spend about one week at a nice resort - ideally on the beach and with nice pool etc. Don't need a lot of adventure given the toddler. At first was looking at Mui Ne, but then thought Phu Quoc might be better since we could fly there form HCMC, and Mui Ne is a rather long bus or car trip. I know this isn't a lot of information but would appreciate your views if you have any.

8 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM
    • bus BKK to PQC

by NAGL Online Now May 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I heard there is a bus from Phu quoc to Bangkok.with an overnight stay
      Is there also a bus from Bangkok via Kep and Ha tien including the ferry from Ha tien to PQC ?
      where does it start in BKK and where can you buy the tickets.

3 Answers May 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    • Some information please?

by Mog11y Online Now Apr 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Will be in Phu Quoc in 3 weeks and we are staying at Cassia Cottage. Can someone tell me if you can walk to the night markets from here? Also my hubby & I wanted to hire a motor bike - semi or automatic . Is it better to hire one each or should I ride pillion. I have ridden in Hoi An hinterland before. Where is the best place to hire and the cost per day? Also where can I get a map to ensure that we can ride around the whole island without getting lost? Any other tips would be most appreciated.

4 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    • 43beckos's Profile Photo

Chen Sea Resort Phu Quoc

by 43beckos Online Now Jan 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Has anybody stayed in the Chen Sea resort, is there many restaurants or bars near it, or how far is it from the town.

Thanks Vt'rs

4 Answers May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
    • annase's Profile Photo

by annase Online Now Oct 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Hi fellow travellers. I am going to Phu Quoc for 5 nights in December and would really love to try some snorkeling whilst there. I have heard snorkeling isn't that great, but I am not too worried as long as I can see some tropical fish. I have snorkeled a few times in Thailand (Phuket) where the corals are pretty dull and dead. I have my own gear, therefore, I'd love to hear your experiences of any trips that you have organised yourselves by hiring a boat from local fishermen as well as any trips organised by companies such Phu Quoc Explorer - especially the private tours. I have spent quite a few hours online looking for information so I have a pretty good idea what to expect from John's and Rainbow Divers, which isn't necessarily what I am looking for.

2 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM
    • dogs

by Sinniature Online Now Oct 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I am planning a family trip ti Phu Quoc between end of December, beginning of January 2012. I have read some great reviews and seem to like the idea of a laid back vacation there. However, I have a phobia of dogs (and all kind of animals). How are the dogs there? Do they run wild,without leashes? Are we bothered by them at the beach, market and other public places. I also have children under 5 who are afraid of dogs. Please help!

6 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    • swimming in Phu Quoc

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 1:50 PM

We will be travelling to Phu Quoc from Dec. 31, 2011 to Jan. 4, 2012. I have read reviews about the beaches in Phu Quoc that they're not all that fit to swim in (apparently there are sea lice and jellyfish that put a damper on swimming in Phu Quoc).

As we have decided to make Phu Quoc our "tropical beach" getaway and want to spend a good chunk of time relaxing on the beach and swimming (and enjoying water sports) in the ocean, I want to ensure we can actually enjoy our time in the ocean.

What have other VT members experienced with the ocean and swimming conditions in Phu Quoc? Is it not as ideal as I seem to have researched?

7 Answers Dec 25, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    • petert51's Profile Photo

Leaving Phu Quoc by plane or bus to Cambodia

by petert51 Online Now Oct 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Hi all, I'm seeking advice on whether and how I can leave Phu Quoc Island in late December to head to Cambodia and or Laos without having to go back into Ho Chi Minh. Can I assume that by going by ferry to the nearst Vietnam town I could then get overlad into Cambodia by bus etc or can I go by ferry straight into Cambodia.

2 Answers Oct 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    • jamiepoetry's Profile Photo

Phu Quoc Accom.

by jamiepoetry Online Now Nov 15, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hey there, almost planned the honeymoon completely!

Final question is for accommodation in Phu Quoc.

Looking for beach bungalows, pref. with air con or fanned. A lovely beach to swim in. Tropical setting etc. Will be hiring bikes so isolation not a problem. Budget of up to200 US per night but very happy to spend less.

So far Chen La Resort & Spa looks okay and The Mango Bay resort looks pretty good. I have heard good things about Freedomland but I like the idea of being on the beach.

9 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    • Eating dinner

by travelwoman65 Online Now Aug 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I would like to know what it costs to eat an ordinary meal at a local restaurant, for example chicken?
      Thank you for your help.

2 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    • redhotwax's Profile Photo

Weather in July?

by redhotwax Online Now Jul 10, 2010 at 5:33 AM

Hi all!

I'm traveling to Phu Quoc in two weeks and wondering whether I should expect to see no sun or lazy beach days since it's officially monsoon season? Or, could we strike it lucky and have some nice days? We'll be there for a week.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    • Flights to HCMC

by Catalina_10 Online Now Jul 6, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I'll be travelling to Phu Quoc in November and flying from there to HCMC and then back to Europe. I've read in the internet that flights from Phu Quoc are often cancelled if there are not enough passangers or the weather is bad. Is this true? I really don't want to miss my flight to Europe, so how much time should I have for transit in HCMC?

1 Answer Jul 6, 2010 at 3:58 AM
    • Looking for good accommodation.

by Travel_bug123 Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 4:30 AM

Hi i have decided to stay and chill in Phu Quoc for 6 nights and i'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on nice places to stay? I have a budget of up to70 dollars a night, and would love to be right on the beach if possible.

5 Answers Apr 8, 2010 at 1:49 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Phu Quoc, Nha Trang or another destination?

by schmechi Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 11:12 AM

We'll visit Vietnam next turn of the year. After a short tour (Saigon, Cu Chi, Cai Rang, Mekong delta) we want to a spend beach holiday. Which resort would you recommend? Although we want to enjoy beutiful, sandy beaches, infrastructure is very important, because we want to party at night. That's why I originally tended to go to Nha Trang. Unfortunately I researched, that late december/early January is a bad season to go there beacuse of a high chance of rain and due to lack of sun hours. Should we change our destination and go for Phu Quoc? Are there other worthwhile alternatives?

Thanx in advance!

4 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    • Phu Quoc - what do other travellers think

by holidaymad1 Online Now Jan 17, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Hi, thinking of flying out of HCMC in Aug 09 to spend 4 or 5 nights on the island. Is it worth a visit? What is the best area to stay in for good restaurants and beaches? Looking to find a reasonable hotel that also has a swimming pool so if anyone has suggestion it would be appreciated. Any other info would be great. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    • Hotel/bungalow with pool march 2009

by akerlund1973 Online Now Nov 26, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Hi you all,

Is it at all possible to get a hotel och bungalow place with a pool for a maximum of 35USD? We'll be arriving with 2 small children and one elderly grandmother and don't want to be to unconfortabel. PLEASE help us.

5 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    • sihanoukville to phu quoc

by rswincicky Online Now Nov 16, 2008 at 3:35 AM

We are planning to go to phu quoc from sihanoukville.How do we get to Rach Gia?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    • hotel with swimming pool

by indochinagirl Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Does anyone know and can recommend a hotel/GH with a swimming pool on PQ that is not the Saigon Phu Quoc hotel?

1 Answer Oct 21, 2008 at 12:07 PM
    • English Prem League footie watching in Phu Quoc

by indochinagirl Online Now Oct 19, 2008 at 11:34 PM

I am looking for a nice hotel/guesthouse in Phu Quoc that I can stay at with my family (two kids 7 and 10). I have read about many great places: Mango Bay (despite TripAdvisor's bad reviews) and Tropicana. Unfortunately none of these places have television. Are TVs in rooms an oddity in Phu Quoc?
      I need one (or at least rather close access to one) as we plan to stay over Xmas holidays and there are vital footie matches on at that time that MUST be watched.
      Does Mango Bay have a bar with a television at least..?
      If TVs in hotel rooms are not common, are there bars where games are shown that are close by hotels/guesthouses?

Any advice/recommendations would be great.

2 Answers Oct 20, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    • wotsitlike?

by olivegroves Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 7:26 AM

never been to vietnam how much is visa and how to get there from Bangkok? is it cheap for lodgings and food and whats the night life like?

1 Answer Aug 14, 2008 at 3:32 PM
    • Phu Quoc in October 2008

by intrepid_m Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 10:31 PM

I would love to get a good sense of the weather conditions in Phu Quoc during the month of October. I hear on many info websites that the rainiest time is October, but we have planned our trip to be in Phu Quoc from October 21-25 this fall. Is that a bad plan? Should we find an alternative beach/island somewhere off the eastern coast of Vietnam to ensure better weather? Or is Phu Quoc totally worth it and is it great no matter the season?

Also, could someone please tell me decidedly whether we should risk buying the plane tickets ahead of time and have it be canceled, or should we take the fast boat from the coast?

Thanks in advance for any true, experienced advice.

6 Answers May 9, 2008 at 7:47 PM