Phu Quoc Travel Answers

change location

Phu Quoc - what do other travellers think

by holidaymad1 Online Now Jan 17, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Hi, thinking of flying out of HCMC in Aug 09 to spend 4 or 5 nights on the island. Is it worth a visit? What is the best area to stay in for good restaurants and beaches? Looking to find a reasonable hotel that also has a swimming pool so if anyone has suggestion it would be appreciated. Any other info would be great. Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Phu Quoc - what do other travellers think

by trangcarter Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Preparation for your trip: Apply for Vietnam travel visas online - secure application, professional services, guaranteed results. link

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Phu Quoc - what do other travellers think

by cabramattaman Online Now Nov 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM

There are about 12 hotels side by side that back onto Duong Dong beach. If you go to www.hotels-in-vietnam.com and click onto Phu Quoc hotels you can choose one that best suits your needs and pocket.There are plenty of them with pools. Plenty of info and color photos of rooms. When I went to Phu Quoc I booked through this site and would recommend it. Each hotel has it,s own restaurant but when I was there I just walked along the beach and ate at different hotel restaurants for variety. Phu Quoc has a quiet relaxed atmosphere so if you have a low boredom threshhold maybe 4-5 days will be too much for you, but if you just want to chill out and forget the cares of the world then you,ll be o.k. You can hire motor bikes of different sizes if you want to see the rest of the island or you can have one of the locals take you around on the back of their bike for the day. If you spend the day out on a motorbike don,t forget the sunscreen! There are boats to take you out diving if that,s what you like or if you like to go fishing there are boats for that too. On the beach where the hotels are there was a jet ski operator who would take you out for a ride around the bay. If you have any questions, just email me through this site and I,ll do my best to answer them for you. Have a good trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Phu Quoc