Phu Quoc Travel Answers

change location

sihanoukville to phu quoc

by rswincicky Online Now Nov 16, 2008 at 3:35 AM

We are planning to go to phu quoc from sihanoukville.How do we get to Rach Gia?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • hcosgrave's Profile Photo

Re: sihanoukville to phu quoc

by hcosgrave Online Now Oct 22, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Last January I bought a bus ticket from "Ana Travel" which is run by Ana Spencer right next door to the Beach Road Hotel, Sihanoukville. Her phone no's are; Mobile (+855)012915301 and office (+855)034933929/729.
    The bus took us to HaTien from where we got a fast boat to Phu Quoc. The price included Boat /Bus and onward transport from the quay on Phu Quoc to Duong Dong & drop off at your hotel if you had booked one. This is important as the fast boat puts in a long way down the island from Duong Dong & you avoid the chaos of people trying to sell you transport there!! (feeding frenzy more like!!)
    We did not need to go to Rach Gia.
    It was the first week of the bus service and the bus was late arriving in Hatien so we all missed the boat. We had to stay the night in Hatien & got the morning fastboat to Phu Quoc. I'm sure this will have been ironed out by now.

I would recommend this route (despite the late bus glitch) as it is by far the quickest & most comfortable way to Phu Quoc from Sihanoukville. I seem to remember that it wasn't that cheap, though.
    Hugh

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Phu Quoc