Phu Quoc Travel Answers

change location

Phu Quoc or Nh Trang?

by baligirl_2002 Online Now Oct 21, 2005 at 7:58 AM

I'm battling to decide whether to spend time on Phu Quoc or Nha Trang? Any input from forum members would be great!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Neilzonwheelz's Profile Photo

RE: Phu Quoc or Nh Trang?

by Neilzonwheelz Online Now Oct 21, 2005 at 12:35 PM

I haven't been to Phu Qouc since 2003, but I really enjoyed my time there. What do you like?, if u like exploring on rough roads, finding a nice beach, seafood with local fish sauce & hammocks then this is the place. Perhaps u can party too, depends how many people are there & the time of season.
    Nha Trang is good for beach,food,partying & boat trips. I have pics of both at wwww.trekshare.com/members/n...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TonyBagnall's Profile Photo

RE: Phu Quoc or Nh Trang?

by TonyBagnall Online Now Oct 23, 2005 at 2:16 PM

I was in both places in june this year. Nha Trang is more developed, has some good bars and lots of restaurants. Pho Quoc had nice beaches although they were a bit dirty in the south (mind you so was Nha Trang beach, it is a city beach) and pretty countryside, but less choice for eating and drinking. For true remote time try Mango Bay in Phu Quoc, really remote and quiet.

I probably wouldnt want to spend more than three nights in Nha Trang, but there is more to see in Quoc, we spent 8 nights. Also went to Mui Ne (on Neil's recommendation, thanks Neil) which I think was nicer than the others, but mainly because of the place we stayed, the Mue Ne sailing club, which was great.

tips for Nha Trang: try the mud spar, it was great, and the boat trip, cheap and fun. We stayed in La Suisse Hotel, lovely rooms and great service, but back from the beach.

tips for Phu Quoc: waterfall, Mango Bay for a really remote getaway, lunch on the southern most restaurant on Sao Beach.

note we were there off season, might be very different at busy times.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Phu Quoc