Phoenix

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Areas in Phoenix for Young Single Professionals to live

by LarryMcVA Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM

My daughter is moving to Phoenix for a sales job - turf Phoenix and points North.
      Would appreciate any information on where best to live/rent/house share. She loves exercise and walkible areas.

5 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    • Visiting on 1-25-14 what to wear?

by iconevans Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 7:22 AM

I checked on the temp there in Phoenix and it says around 75 during the day while we're there. I'm from Georgia and we're in the 30's. Was wondering if jeans, t-shirt, light jacket would work just during the day or is it too warm there. Would casual clothes (jeans) work for going out for a nice dinner? Also, hiking the Piestewa Peak at 10:00am. Does it get pretty hot or windy on that hike? Just wondering if shorts would be best or hiking pants.

6 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • Weather in Phoenix

by Lizzymagoo Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM

What is the weather like February 8 to 22. What typle of clothing do I need. Will I be able to sit by the pool

3 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • flip flops

by shayelardy1 Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM

should i wear flip flops in july in Phoenix?

12 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • ronploeg4's Profile Photo

visiting Phoenix

by ronploeg4 Online Now Apr 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hello all,

We will stay 3 days in Phoenix. Is Phoenix a city worth visiting. What can we do over there and what do we need to say. What is the best area to stay?

Kind Regards,
      Ron Ploeg
      The Netherlands

15 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    • Looking for bed & breakfast with antiques or local culture

by wgalager Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 5:36 PM

We enjoy antiques and staying in a b&b that isn't a cookie cutter style motel. Any suggestions for places in Phoenix, Glendale, Springerville or near Grand Canyon? We are newly retired, non smokers.

3 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    • DSwede's Profile Photo

morning airport layover

by DSwede Online Now Oct 8, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I have a layover this coming Friday (12th) from 9am ~ noon. Since I'll already have my bags checked, already have a boarding pass, and can cut to the front of the security lines due to mileage status, I was wondering if there is anything near the airport worthy of a short visit. It was a long time ago since I was in Phoenix so I'm going to say it all new to me. Any suggestions for ~2hrs?

If not, any VT'ers in the area interested in getting a breakfast? I know I will be arriving hungry and in the prime breakfast hour.

6 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    • loglovr's Profile Photo

Looking for a Decent Hotel Near Sky Harbor Airport

by loglovr Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 5:33 AM

We are looking for a decent hotel to spend a Friday night that is near Sky Harbor Airport, with free shuttle service. We flew in to Phoenix last year and were dismayed by the area surrounding the airport, so much so, that we drove right past the hotel we booked online...very shady area...
      So we are looking for recommendations for something clean, safe, convenient to the airport with free shuttle service, for around the100 price range.
      Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    • Gillybob's Profile Photo

Hotel Recommendations

by Gillybob Online Now Oct 11, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Hey gang!

With Tucson sorted, I'm now looking for hotel recommendations in downtown Phoenix. Would like to keep it under US$100; happy for a B&B or hotel. No transport so I'm reliant on public transport. Will be arriving by Arizona Shuttle to Sky Harbor and taking public transport in from there.

Look forward to hearing your recommendations.

3 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 8:17 AM
    • need help!!!!!

by happyman15 Online Now Jul 22, 2011 at 11:41 PM

young athletic married couple visiting phoenix the weekend of 13 august. we like to dance, have fun, and bar hop. spending weekend in phoenix. need help finding places to hit up.

3 Answers Jul 23, 2011 at 10:30 PM
    • forestcloughs's Profile Photo

PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE OBSERVATORY

by forestcloughs Online Now Jan 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Visiting late Feb early March for a week from the UK.
      Does anyone know of an observatory near and best places to see cactii?

Thanks

3 Answers Jan 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    • Laurel914's Profile Photo

Where to park a car for two weeks?

by Laurel914 Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Hi,

I'm flying from the Phoenix airport next week and need to leave my car there for almost two weeks. Are there any long term parking areas that I can take a shuttle from to get to the airport?

Thank you!

Laurel

5 Answers Feb 19, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    • LPAW's Profile Photo

Transport from Grand Canyon to Phoenix

by LPAW Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM

We will be staying in Grand Canyon and then have 1 day to get down to Phoenix from Tusayan before our flight home. However, we will have no car and I can't seen to find any bus routes that do this journey. Help! Does anyone know of any bus trips (or trains or planes for that matter) to get us to Phoenix. Obviously we are looking for a cheap option if at all possible! Thanks.

3 Answers Aug 14, 2010 at 7:07 AM
    • Another first time visitor

by dave4500 Online Now Feb 17, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Planning on taking my wife and teen daughter down to Phoenix area in mid March. Never been there and do not know the area. Just getting away from winter for a few days and did not want to deal with the spring break crowd so we picked Phoenix area. Any ideas on where to stay? We are looking for relaxation and of course shopping for the two women. Would like a nice place with a pool and easy access to everthing else (shopping, food..) near by. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

9 Answers May 19, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    • visiting for first time phoenix

by isa-08 Online Now Jan 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Hi, Im´m planning to go to phoenix in march with my nephew, i was looking for the america´s best value inn downtown wich is in w. van buren and 5th, i would like to know if this street, hotel and area is safe for walk from the downtown to this hotel and to the central station because i will not be able to ren´t a car, also can you help me with a aprox. fare in a cab from this hotel to the university of phoenix stadium, or if you c an tell me wich buses do i have to take to go there, if you consider not a good and safe hotel (the america´s best value inn downtown) can you recommend one for a women and a kid nearest to a light train or bus stoop. i will apreciatte all your comments. Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 5, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    • Western Bars

by blackdyna07 Online Now Dec 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM

We are looking for a place to go where there is dancing like the two step and traveling swing or the gitter bug, is there a place any where around like this. thank you Julie

4 Answers Feb 21, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    • Restaurants in phoenix

by goingtogreece2010 Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 7:58 AM

how are the following places:

Barrio Cantina and Grill
      Blue Sage @ JW Marriott
      Blue Fin Seafood Bistro
      Frank and Alberts

• restaurants in phoenix

by goingtogreece2010 Online Now Oct 5, 2009 at 8:14 AM

would someone please recommend some great food places in phoenix????? we are not into fine dining...so anything except for that!!!! my husband and i love to eat!!

8 Answers Nov 30, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    • cabs in phoenix

by goingtogreece2010 Online Now Sep 30, 2009 at 7:25 AM

generally are the cabs expensive to take in phoenix? are they safe i will be traveling with a 10 month old...

4 Answers Nov 23, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    • Driving Phoenix to LA

by goingtogreece2010 Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 11:16 AM

we will be driving from phoenix to LA...does anyone know how far the drive is and is there anything to stop and see on the way???

8 Answers Nov 23, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    • bobbistarwinde's Profile Photo

Visiting with no car

by bobbistarwinde Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM

What are your suggestions for places to visit for someone who has no car and relies on public transport? Are there many places of attraction that are easy to get to? Also, I would like any recommendations of anyone's favourite places to visit, acommodation and eating, as I am a student so need to keep costs to a minimum.

Thanks,
      Kirsty

6 Answers Nov 23, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    • Question on Valenteer work?

by summerdragon1101010 Online Now Jun 24, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Hello,

I was there a year ago, and asked about valenteer work and the person I talked to said I could do valinteer work . So I just wanted to make sure you were still taking valinteers.

Thank You
      dennis.thompson80@yahoo.com

2 Answers Nov 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    • cdnagent's Profile Photo

long term car rental suggestions please

by cdnagent Online Now May 27, 2009 at 5:41 AM

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to a company offering long term (10 weeks) car rentals in Phoenix that would be less than the rates offered by the major car rental companies?

I know that in europe I have done the buy back long term rentals and that is a much better deal than the regular rental rates, but I am unaware of anyone offering such a thing in the USA.

All suggestions would be most appreciated.

Jim

1 Answer Jul 23, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    • Phoenix sign

by dgbecker Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 9:20 AM

How do you get to the "Phoenix" sign that is situated on the side of the mountain from east Mesa.

6 Answers Jun 15, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    • joiwatani's Profile Photo

VT meeting in Phoenix, Arizona

by joiwatani Online Now Mar 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM

The success of my VT meeting in Paris on 2/21/09 was due mostly to the good company of the VT members in France but also due to having the best location (restaurant. (The restaurant owner continued to open his restaurant to accommodate us as we waited for one VT member coming from Vienna!)

Now, here's my question. Do you know a good restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona that is really good? Should be good for excited VT members who tend to be loud when they meet other VT members.

I appreciate your help...

9 Answers Mar 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    • Sage49's Profile Photo

Phoenix question

by Sage49 Online Now Jan 16, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hi everyone,
      I am planning a trip to Phoenix/Sedona/Scottsdale for about 4-5 days (first week of Feb). I have done some research as to what to do and where to stay but it seems that I am not really finding things that spark my interest. And, I can't find any hostels or lower end hotels. So my questions are: 1) what are the must do/see/visit around the area? 2) How easy is it to get around without a car? I guess I could rent a car if I must. I'm open for it. Would you guys help me out? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Sage

8 Answers Feb 1, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    • Best Phoenix Restaurants

by camorak Online Now Jan 4, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I'm traveling to Phoenix next week for the Imaging USA conference- Would like some suggestions on unique fun restaurants with good food of course!
      Would like suggestions for Mexican, Sushi, Italian, and any other restaurant that shouldn't be missed while we are there. I always enjoy restaurants that aren't considered chains, don't really want to eat somewhere that I can eat at the same place here at home!

5 Answers May 13, 2009 at 6:20 AM
    • Bwent26's Profile Photo

Fun for toddlers in Phoenix

by Bwent26 Online Now Oct 14, 2008 at 9:20 AM

Hi all:

I'm going to be in Phoenix/Scottsdale the first weekend in November. I will have a 3 year old with me and am looking for some fun activities to keep him entertained.

Hopefully some of y'all will have some good advice for some fun activities.

Also, are there any fun kid friendly restaurants in the area?

Thanks!

5 Answers Dec 21, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    • trees & colours

by harrietd16 Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 5:17 AM

Hi,
      This may be a silly question ...Will be travelling from Las Vegas to Sedona to Phoenix Late October, early November. What will the trees and colours be like.Hoping for some colour still for pictures. Here in Canada they are changing already and will be gone in a couple of weeks. Is there a big difference from Las Vegas to Phoenix?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2008 at 11:09 AM
    • Is the Legacy resort a good choice?

by harrietd Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Hi,
      Travelling from Las Vegas to Phoenix. Spending 3 nights in Phoenix before flying back home to Canada. Have checked out several resorts; Legacy, Arizona golf resort and Westgate painted mountain. Am leaning towards The Legacy, however am a bit leary as I read some of the reviews about the rough neighbourhood. (As we are total country bumpkins!!) Is it that bad? So, any advice would be welcome , also any info about how to spend our time. We are thinking of the Apache Trail tour, maybe horseback riding, and some golf. Are there any must sees?
      Thanks
      Harriet

1 Answer Sep 22, 2008 at 3:35 PM